NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi from Portland OR

I’ve joined the forum because I’ll be getting a baby CAG in the near future. S/he is an egg right now. I’ve never had an AG but have bird experience. I had a Goffins Cockatoo before and boarded an Umbrella Cockatoo for a few months.

My 16 yr old son and I are owned by a dog, 2 cats, 2 bunnies, and a few birds.:

Male canary

Dusky Pionus ~ female “rescue”

Myer’s Parrot ~ female “rescue”

Rosey Bourkes ~ female(?) I hand fed

European Yellow Parrotlet ~ female about 2 ½ mo old

Baby creamino IRN ~ female just weaned by me

And I just started breeding Lineolated Parakeets on a very small scale. In fact it’s because of the linnies that I’m getting a CAG. I ended up with more linnies than I wanted (in order to help out a breeder I know) and a breeder is willing to trade a baby CAG for 6 linnies. This came about because she had a pare of p’lets for sale and I was thinking I wanted a breeding pair. We were going to trade a pair of linnies for the p’lets but I decided I don’t want to breed them. She has 4 baby CAG’s right now but has offered me a baby form the next clutch and we agreed that 6 linnies (1 bonded not proven pair, 1 male, and 3 females) would be close to an even trade.

Before this I never even considered owning a CAG mainly because you always hear about all the problems that seem to be common with AG’s. So I joined in order to get all the help I can with raising this baby correctly.

Kim

Edited by Kimijean

I feel the need to say that I'm disappointed. I joined 2 AG forums and started an introduction thread in/at each at about the same time. And even though this forum is the more active of the two, no one has bothered to welcome me. Based on this it seems the other forum is much friendlier. I do hope I'm wrong though. :)

Kim

Hi Abigail! That tank is gorgeous, and of course Ziggy is very handsome.

Orange kitty ~ Milo, Himalayan mix

Pointed kitty ~ Cleo, blue bi-color Ragdoll

Dog ~ Kalia, red merle mini aussie

Bunny ~ Peanut, Sable Martin Netherland Dwarf

Single bird ~ Sophie, Meyer’s

Two birds ~ Kazoo, Dusky Pi and Pip, dilute cobalt linnie

1102111953.jpg

Kalia1.jpg

004.JPG

Relaxing 004.jpg

2012-02-229513.27.15.jpg

Hi Kim, welcome to the Grey family! Congratulations on your new grey. Can't wait to hear more!

Thank you luvparrots! I heard from the breeder this morning and there is a slim chance I might be able to get one of the 4 babies she's feeding right now. Otherwise she has 4 eggs. :)

Awe!! They are all adorable! Thank you for the pictures! I LOVE the bunny! How sweet he/she looks! Years ago, I raised NZ whites. They were a hoot! I would walk them on leashes and everyone was just baffled.

My bunnies are girls. The other is a Hotot without the eye bands and both are very friendly and loving. They're house bunnies and get to run around the apartment sometimes.

Kim

Yay for more bunny people!!! Our first was a NZ white - we're not sure how old he was when he died, but he was around ten. Our other bun, a B/W Dutch is at least 10 herself now (both adopted a year apart back in 2001/2).

Don't fret the slow welcome. This group is VERY active, but not always on Tuesdays. ;) Had you jumped in on a Saturday or Sunday, I'm sure you'd have been swarmed. Myself, I often just check the threads I've been active in. If, after that, I have spare time, I check the new/recent threads (which is how I found this). It's truly nothing personal. Enjoy your stay. Read the archives, ask tons of questions and when in doubt, post pictures. ;)

BTW, my wife and I just started watching Portlandia the other day. What a silly show. ;) I've only been to Portland once for a wedding, but loved the area.

Yay for more bunny people!!! Our first was a NZ white - we're not sure how old he was when he died, but he was around ten. Our other bun, a B/W Dutch is at least 10 herself now (both adopted a year apart back in 2001/2).

Don't fret the slow welcome. This group is VERY active, but not always on Tuesdays. ;) Had you jumped in on a Saturday or Sunday, I'm sure you'd have been swarmed. Myself, I often just check the threads I've been active in. If, after that, I have spare time, I check the new/recent threads (which is how I found this). It's truly nothing personal. Enjoy your stay. Read the archives, ask tons of questions and when in doubt, post pictures. ;)

BTW, my wife and I just started watching Portlandia the other day. What a silly show. ;) I've only been to Portland once for a wedding, but loved the area.

I’m new to bunnies as an adult but had some as a child. Just love them. Mine are only a few months old.

My days off from work are Tue/Wed and I really wasn’t taking it personally. :) I find other forums are busier on week days and I always figured it's because people use computers at work. Naughty, naughty. LOL

I grew up in Hawaii but have been in Ptld for 26 yrs now. Love the area!

I don’t even know what Portlandia is, I don’t watch TV anymore, don’t even have one.

Kim

I grew up in Hawaii but have been in Ptld for 26 yrs now. Love the area!

I don’t even know what Portlandia is, I don’t watch TV anymore, don’t even have one.

Kim

Good for you! It's a silly show that kind of satirizes some of the Portland subcultures. You're not missing anything, for sure. :D

Hello Kim and welcome. I am still waiting to bring my baby home, boy am I excited. While visiting my daughter new baby sun what did I see but a beautiful bright yellow little bird so i asked what kind and was told a linnie. I never heard of them but wow did I fall in love with that little bird. Had to make myself go home without him. Well again welcome and Congrats on your new baby.

Hello Kim and welcome. I am still waiting to bring my baby home, boy am I excited. While visiting my daughter new baby sun what did I see but a beautiful bright yellow little bird so i asked what kind and was told a linnie. I never heard of them but wow did I fall in love with that little bird. Had to make myself go home without him. Well again welcome and Congrats on your new baby.

One of the linnies I'm trading for my baby CAG is bright yellow, i.e. lutino (red eyes). Mine is a girl and is semi tame. She's real sweet. :)

Kim

This picture is at least a week old but these are the babies she has now.

Kim

[ATTACH]21791[/ATTACH]

AWwwwwwwwww look at that cute pic! Welcome Kim to the forum .... sorry I only check at night when I can and I didnt log on last nite :( I remember when Marco was that tiny lol I havent brought him home either .. hoping by Easter but you did find a great place FULL of a ton of information and lots of good peeps! cute family you got there!