NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

More than one

ariisamis

Please advise, I have a baby grey coming home in a few weeks from a breeder, my daughter has fell in love with a baby sun conure at a pet store. Is it OK to get both? I sure hope so because each of us have fallen in love with the babies and both have deposits on each. Oh my gosh why didn't someone remind me they are like potatoe chips? Can't just eat one.

you'll find many folks here have more than 1 bird. i have a grey and a peach front conure. there is plenty of information about having multiple birds in the forum. read and research!!! it can be done, it just takes time and commitment, just like having more than 1 child! yes, they are like potato chips, lol!!!

Lol, thank you both I feel better. Was worried about them not coming from the same breeder/store. My daughter is almost 19 and in her first year of college(lives at home) so the sun will be her baby and I guess I will be a fidmother and a mother at the same time. She is very responsible and like myself has been trying to read a lot on the care of her baby. OK OK I will admitt to you guys I have also fallen in lovy with this little bright bird.

I have a sun conure along with my cag and tiel and the conure can be a screamer but not all the time, she has her times she is more vocal than others but she is a delight to have around, she was my first parrot. A sun conure will eventually have the most bright and beautiful feathers when they molt a time or two, she is like a ray of sunshine. If you don't mind a little screaming now and then you should enjoy one.

We don't have a conure, but we have a CAG and a quaker (and a cockatiel). The quaker is very, very noisy.

Usually, a couple times a day, the CAG & quaker get going and the volume in the house is at the extreme. It doesn't bother me, but I wouldn't want to be entertaining when it happened.

The CAG does mimic the quaker. Yes, it just started mimicking the screaming/squawking. That's not as bad as mimicking the smoke detector over and over though.

Edited to add that we got them at the same time. They are both under a year old.