NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

will he ever love me back

meadows

i got my grey as my girlfriend said he was to man to her boyfriend so she just gave him to me cage and all, i have to say i had never really even had a bird before but wanted herbie to have a forever home, that was 4 years ago and he is still not the kind to just come to you. he does regurgitate on me and he makes baby noises and just lately has started to try to step up by himself onto my finger. i leave his cage door open and he does spend alot of time on his door talking away, is there anything else i should be doing? i just wish he were more open to me he does let me scratch his head and hold him but i have to force him off with a coat on so i do not get bitten once he is off he is fine what am i doing wrong

Some greys just do not show much affection for their owners, they are content to sit and observe from a distance not spending a lot of time sitting on your arm or nearby you, he does allow you to scratch his head but most greys do not like to be touched a lot and some areas of the body is off limits. I don't think you are doing anything wrong, I just think you may be expecting more from your bird than he will be comfortable with. He obviously loves you as he is regurgitating for you.

I recently adopted a bird as well. While he does like to be with people, there are definitely times that he prefers to sit on his perch or on a piece of furniture and just be in the same room as us. Noodle (my CAG) and I have a strained "in progress" relationship, but I know that he loves me, and he doesn't show much affection for anyone except my fiance. Just give him time, and in his own way, he'll find a way to show you he loves you :)