NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

How a 'routine' vet visit turns into an emergency.

oblivion

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all of the love everyone. We're all coping fairly well now, though I still started to her corner last night to cover her cage - old habits die hard. A local rescue is happy to take her leftover food and what meds they can, so that lightens my heart a bit to know she is 'sharing' with other birds in need. And though I'm not LOOKING for a new bird yet, I've put out to the universe (and Facebook) that my heart is already open to one should he or she call. I thought I would need more time in that regard, but I think the last 5 months accounted for some of that time.

BTW, I took the above comment in the spirit I'm certain was intended - details and nuance are easily overlooked in forums with many active threads. No harm done, only love and care.

For now, I'll leave off with my current Facebook profile picture:

4740081226_3bf34b3270.jpg

Extreme Anya Closeup by oblivion9999, on Flickr

So very sad to read that it was Anya's time to go. Almost everyone who's read your thread(s) knows what a wonderful parront you are & how well treated she was. Certainly anyone with a beating heart knows how loved. I'm so sorry you lost the battle for your beautiful little girl. I know how much she will be missed.

Mark, I am so sorry you have been grieving. Anya looks like an angel in her closeup for the facebook pic. She was a lovely little friend and I know you have been the best of the best in caring for her. Your loss is shared by your friends here. Your tenderness and caring for her has been inspirational and she knew how much she was loved.