NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Attention MALE Double Yellow Head Owners

fidsandfrats

Hi all you Amazon lovers!!!

I would like to hear from owners of DYHs. Male DYH since everything I've read suggests that they are more aggressive than females during the breeding season.

So tell me about your male DYH. Don't sugar coat it, I can handle it. I'm interested in their behavior during the breeding season. I want to hear the good, the bad and the very ugly. Is your DYH's hormonal behavior hardly noticeable or does he turn into a weapon of mass destruction during the breeding season? How do you best deal with your DYH hormonal issues? Do they return to their fun loving self after the hormones have settled down? I've heard that after 10 or so years the hormones settle down for good. Is this true?

I did my homework/research before bringing Chili Pepper home and most of what I read was a little scary. However, I just had to have a DYH in my life.

Chili Pepper is coming up on 2 years old. The hormonal issues may be just around the corner and I just don't think I can be too prepared.

Look forward to your comments.

Edited by fidsandfrats

So far Pancho has been very sweet. But the nice thing about Amazons is they are completely up front about how they are feeling. If I see pinning eyes, a flared tail, and a low crouching stride, I know to stay away. If he does get ornery I will let him tell me what he wants and is capable of during that time.