NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Does your grey swing on a swing?

greyturkey

I am uploading a video of my AG swinging on her swing. She does this for hours during the day, although it's only been lately that ive noticed her swinging herself. Just want to make sure it's normal behavior as sometimes she starts swinging quite fast and violently also she ignores me when shes swinging - its like shes in her own little world...haha, i'm completely fine with that... I notice that the fast / violent swinging is only when she's listening to her favorite music.. Which is not my taste in music, but whatever makes her happy :) Do you find this normal? am i just a paranoid mommy?

I didn't know where else to upload the video and its my first time uploading one, so hopefully it works.

NOTE: This is a cage that came with her - since then i have purchased a much larger cage for her, but she loves to hang out in her old one during the day. It's been her home for the last 20 years so i can understand why..Although i believe its too small for a AG to be homed in full time..

[video=youtube;i-qiiyLgyQM]

This is a boing. We have sisal boings because Phenix likes his extra crunchy. lol Also, I'm always concerned about the cotton kind fraying because the fids can get caught in the threads. They come in different sizes, so all my fids have one & they love them. Although, Phenix was seriously alarmed by his at first. But that's normal for him & it is kind of big.

Spencer (TAG) completely ignores the swing in his cage, I'm guessing in no small part because he's so toe-impaired. But he does have a boing on his play-top and gets quite daring bouncing and hanging on that. I keep meaning to make him another for elsewhere in the house.

My 'tiel very rarely swings, though it does seem to be her favorite spot when in the car - like air-ride suspension or something. :D Only my old budgie REALLY liked to swing. She was a tiny ball of fury.

I wish our CAG would swing, he wong even sit on it! And it's such a cool swing, big manzanita swing w/ little plastic pacifiers hanging from it. I don't think he was given much enrichment in his previous home, doesn't play w/ any toy I put in his cage, kinda sad :(

I don't think he was given much enrichment in his previous home, doesn't play w/ any toy I put in his cage, kinda sad :(

Sorry for going a little OT here, but CeeCee, Spencer isn't big on 'typical' bird toys either. What he DOES love, though, is anything he can bang around the floor or bottom of his cage. It started with a rolly-polly kind of baby toy he came with, then it progressed to empty Gatorade bottles and other hard plastic things. Just last night I made him a 'toy' by putting some dried pasta inside an old/rinsed out ketchup squeeze bottle and he was happily beating the heck out of that when I left today. He chews up edges where he can, so his beak gets a workout, too. Just something to try if you haven't yet.