NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Welcome to Our Rescue Bird Haven!

Talon

Welcome to Our Rescue Bird Room!

If you have ever Rescued or Adopted any type of Bird, then you know they come with a variety of issues. Many of these issues can be frustrating for you, not knowing the history of what your newest addition has experienced in their past. It requires lots of unlimited patience & understanding on your part. Small baby steps in progress can take weeks if not longer in helping them to understand they have finally found their forever home.

Please post any stories, advice, topics, or questions you may have. We have many members here that have personal experience in these matters.

Although some of us may not have not been down this road of Rescue or Adoption of a bird coming from a neglected environment. There is much to be learned from the experiences shared here in this room.

CHATS/HELP/TIPS/CLUES.....please share!

All our flock are rescues or rehomes that have found a place in our hearts. Thank you for this special room for these wonderful journeys to be recorded and shared. I think we may learn as much about our abilities to re think and deal with what ever comes up in our lives when we share our homes with a Parrot.

Merry Christmas to the whole forum with a new "room" to share the challenges and triumphs of living with an older bird with a checkered past. LOL. Now guess whether that is me or Gilbert. Hahaha. It is nice to have a new room. I have been sticking to one really long thread rather than explaining every time that what we experience with our guy is not what someone with a baby or a steady buddy might expect. Thank you so much Penny. This is big news for all of us!

Every bird currently in my home, except one, is a rescue from a neglectful and abusive situation. Knowing that I make them happy every day, and that I have given them the chance at a full and happy life makes every single bite, scream, vet trip, ect. worthwhile. Thank you Penny for this room. It is by far my favorite room...besides the nursery LOL

New to the forums. I've recently added a rescue CAG to my home. Andy's 15 and his owner died a yr ago, his family couldn't care for him and he went to live with another person for the past 6mths. I took one look at him and knew I had to take him, he was once fully feathered and has plucked, his neck, back, belly and top of his wings. He is by far the most challenging parrot I've ever had and hopefully he'll come around with some TLC and proper nutrition. I recently lost my B/G macaw that I've have had since the early 90's that was left to me and he was approx 70-75 yrs old and last year my CAG that I rescued and had for 10 yrs died also and he was about 50 yrs old. Both of my past parrots taught me a lot, my B/G learned to like everyone and was only a little nippy when he didn't get his way and my grey Tango loved everyone. Hopefully being on the forum I can learn some new things that can help with my new guy, as soon as I can figure out how to post pics I will.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...