NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Here is Malachite

RedDragon1288

Thank you everyone. Sadly judy Malachite is camera shy and stops being cute but I did put a link for a video on youtube that he didn't notice me taking of him and he did rise his crest twice on. He has gotten better at stepping up and eagerly stepping on to our hand when he is still inside his cage. Before he was afraid but I know he has gotten comfortable. Since the beginning he has alwayed screamed for us when we leave the room but we have been working on that to. Funny thing to mention that he makes Ruby quite. Ruby's noise level has dropped.

• 4 weeks later...

You know I've read that HH hiss as a warning instead of erecting their crest as some have said. I'm starting to think that HHs are a hybrid parrot. Part parrot and part snake, compare to other parrots like AGs that are also known to hiss... I've never heard Ruby hiss as much a Malachite has. Malachite hisses every time he is ready to bit. I could be giving him a head scratch which he seems to love a lot, he can quickly begin hissing like a pregnant women during her quick breathing during labor, followed by intense hard biting. One thing to note is that he also growls, but when he growls, he doesn't follow it with a nasty bite. I've never seen Malachite erect his crest out of fear or a warning of danger around. He has only raised his crest when he trying to challenge someone of something and he is not afraid to attack. Other wise he would run away. He used to be afraid of Ruby because Ruby used to try to attack him, but now that Ruby doesn't dare to try to get near Malachite because he knows we will put him in time out. Ruby does his best to ignore Malachite but Malachite is now trying to attack Ruby. Malachite is now 6 months, so this is him so far.

• 2 years later...

Hey everyone, sorry for not posting in a really long time. A lot changes have happen since I last posted in 2012. Now Malachite has also pyshcially changed along with his attitude. Since July 15 Malachite is now 3 years old and on July 14 he decided that Brennen and him can not share me. He has become activitly aggressive towards Brennen and such a loving fellow to me. Ruby and Malachite no longer try to attack one another just tolerate at a safe distance.

Hi, I am kind of getting to know who will be moving in with us when the time is right for everyone. This one flies after me and attacks when I walk in the room. My husband can walk all around him. The first time I met him he was on his owners leg and he took off after me, lucky I can duck and roll quickly. Once he was done with me he laughed. I have to admit, they are very beautiful, but mean mean mean! lol Okay, so I was in his cage cleaning it when he first started at me so I can't blame him but I guess he can hold a grudge because I have been cleaning and helping with him and the others for well over a month now but we are getting no closer.