Teflon coated Cookware

lovemyGreys

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

That was a sad story username: Tari wrote. I noticed this thread was started some years ago. There's some non-stick pots and pans out there now that does not use Teflon. "Orgeenic" is one pan that uses ceramic as a non-stick surface and is relatively in expensive. There's also "Stone-Ware" that's even better than the Orgreenic pans at keeping food from sticking, but rather expensive. I use Orgreenic, both companies state that their pots and pans do not use nor emit PTFE or any other harmful fumes.

• 5 months later...

I know this is an old post, but for anyone else who might be wondering about this: when we got our birds, we disposed of several hundred dollars worth of nearly brand new Calphalon because they had the Teflon coating. I did a lot of research, and found the Green Gourmet line from Cuisinart. I emailed them directly and asked them and got a very nice email answer assuring me they were safe for the birds. Almost 2 years later and birds are fine and cookware is holding up well. No problems. So for anyone else with this question, I would say the answer is yes.

• 4 months later...

My only complaint is that it can’t go in the oven, but I’ve come to expect that with most non-stick pans. Overall a great product with a great look! I would definitely recommend to others. We were offered the coupon but regardless would have left a review on this product as we have other amazon purchases. Happy cooking.

w.png