NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Silence is Golden?!

bran

Gilbert has one sound effect in particular that grates on the rest of the family like fingernails on a chalkboard. My family begs me to make it stop, but of course, protest is exactly what he is looking to provoke. LOL. That is his call to alarm, something is upsetting him and he doesn't do it often. It sounds to me like a vacuum cleaner that is either bound up by a strong string or the bearings are going out of the motor. Sometimes the kids will ask "Why does he do that?" and they don't like my habitual reply "because he is a parrot and he can". Or, "I think it is his way of telling you it is time to move out." I must have a gap in my hearing frequency because the sounds don't bother me, the silence calls me much quicker because it is the sign that something is amiss, usually a parrot wandering. Nothing makes me jump like the quiet little voice of a mischief maker who is silently making his way to the kitchen and asks almost in a whisper "Whatcha doing?" or just announces himself with a very quiet "Hey".