NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The things our greys pick up

Ray P

This past week my son had a cold and was blowing his nose a lot and clearing his throat of flem (phlegm)

Well Corky picked it up and does it all the time and the more we laugh the more she does it.

We keep telling that it`s not a nice little girl thing but she just keeps it up and will laugh when she is done.

I hope it`s a short winter cold season. Or the little snot picks up something new.

Edited by Ray P

Oh yes the sounds our greys make. Ana Grey has picked up the sound of the multiple sighs I give as I clean their birdroom every day. Or my coughing, she has a mean cough. I one I dislike the most is the sound of my answering machine when there are calls waiting for me to return. All three of my parrots like that sound and so I hear it a lot!!! Now the sound of my dying smoke alarm batteries are most annoying, as this sound Ana Grey likes to do at night.

Janet, your birds imitating your sighs while you clean their room made me chuckle. When I clean the bird room floor, one of mine asks me what I'm doing, and when I tell her I'm mopping the floor, she exclaims, "What a mess!" Now, wonder where she heard that?

Seraph likes to roll over on her back and after seeing this picture:

tickles.jpgwe decided to add "Time for tickles" to her game routine. We also started saying "Tickle Tickle Tickle" in a high-pitched voice when we did it, and now when we say "Time for Tickles" Seraph rolls over and Gryphon will usually say the "Tickle Tickle Tickle" routine. We've laughed so hard about it the birds think it's the best game ever invented :D

Sophie of course, routinely farts, snore, burps and sneezes. Once in awhile, she will increase her sneezing and start wheezing. As I work alot... I immediately know when one of the kids are sick. They both have asthma. They won't tell me they have been wheezing. Sophie lets me know. She is better than a doctor! Once their sick... within three days of the cold, they will either get VERY sick, or be fine. Sometimes they need to go on steroids. She lets me know to pay closer attention! God bless her imitating! Nancy

earlier today, kallie blew my mind. i was scratching her head when she turned to take a "taste". she does this sometimes, the old "bait and switch" thing. i always tell her no bite kallie. well this morning, she looked straight at me and she asked me "why?"!!!!!!!!!! (i don't know who was more surprised, me because she asked or her for getting "caught") so i explained to her that it hurts when she bites, etc. i don't know if she understood what i explained but it was awesome!! it was just like the kids when they were little wanting to "why" about some of the craziest stuff!

athena although not a grey has been known to run up to the front of her cage and ask "whatcha doin?" when i move in my chair or put on my socks, etc. she expects an answer, if you don't she'll keep asking more and more until she's frustrated and will ask in a very angry shrill scream, "WHATCHA DOING????" lol

Edited by thenabrd