NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cage Liner

ZephyrDarkwolf

The local "newspaper" is just a couple inches too small (short dimension on the cage, long dimension on the paper) so I end up using four sheets. Closest I've come to reading a newspaper in years. It used to irritate me that I couldn't get them to stop sending the paper to my house. (I think it is littering, since I didn't ask for it...) I would use it to start fires and in the charcoal chimney. Now I use more than I get and have to have friends bring over old papers...

(Eight sheets a day for the cage bottom and the playtop...)

I'm thinking about getting pre-cut sheets or a roll. Suggestions for a good deal?

You know, I actually was just thinking about this very topic! Years ago my aunt had an Amazon, and in the bottom of his cage, she had playground sand, and would just sift out the poop with a hand strainer, very similar to cat litter. It seemed to work very nice for her.... anyone else tried this concept??

You know, I actually was just thinking about this very topic! Years ago my aunt had an Amazon, and in the bottom of his cage, she had playground sand, and would just sift out the poop with a hand strainer, very similar to cat litter. It seemed to work very nice for her.... anyone else tried this concept??

Heck, if it was just the poop/urine/urea, I would just wipe it up. (That's what I do on the window stand.) No, it is all of the bits of veggies. The pellet food. Shredded toys. The cage bottom is a MESS! Every day as I change the newspaper lining I tell Ellie that she is ALMOST as messy as my thirteen year old daughter...

I get pre-cut white paper liners. The cheapest I've found so far is Drs. foster and Smith online. I can put a good sized stack in the tray and just peel off the top messy layer each morning. They are coated almost like wax paper on one side so no soaking through to bottom layers.

I get pre-cut white paper liners. The cheapest I've found so far is Drs. foster and Smith online. I can put a good sized stack in the tray and just peel off the top messy layer each morning. They are coated almost like wax paper on one side so no soaking through to bottom layers.

Don't you get a lot of bits of this and that between the edges of the stack and the "wall" of the tray?