NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

It Works !

Joe Bachi

hey guys,

I've been meaning to teach Mikko how to step up ever since I got him and I've tried many many methods but none of them got me the results I wanted.

That is until I got the Bird Tricks DVD set, I seriously can't believe this work; in a matter of a week I was able to get Mikko to start stepping up onto my hand (of course more practice is needed to perfect the trick but so far it's great progress!)

He first did it on Saturday and we've been trying to perfect it ever since :)

I feel a lot closer to him and he is really starting to bond with me.

I can now tell when he is happy, bored, sleepy, or even when he hears something suspicious (and I don't; like someone coming into the house) LOL

Right now he is sleeping in his cage (poor guy looks really tired)

Anw I just wanted to share :)

Regards

Joe

PS: if anyone is interested in learning the technique used in the bird tricks DVD, plz PM me and I will reply to you ASAP ;)

i have the bird tricks dvd and i want to start training Luna as soon as i can, stepping up will be the first. she will be 13 weeks tomorrow and ive only had her for 3 days so we are still getting to know each other. Plus i have not found a treat she really likes yet. another good training videos are on youtube with Truman the senagal parrot. the best part they are free :-)

Having a baby sure seems to be very different experience.

Most of the time, I have Elegua step up on my finger, but other times I'll just pick her up with both hands and move her. (She is constantly getting into stuff on my desk and I'll just grab her and put her between my arms (on the desk) or on my shoulder.)

Having a baby sure seems to be very different experience.

Most of the time, I have Elegua step up on my finger, but other times I'll just pick her up with both hands and move her. (She is constantly getting into stuff on my desk and I'll just grab her and put her between my arms (on the desk) or on my shoulder.)

LOL when I first tried to touch Mikko, he gave me one nasty bite :S

But for now everything is great

• 3 weeks later...
hey guys,

I've been meaning to teach Mikko how to step up ever since I got him and I've tried many many methods but none of them got me the results I wanted.

That is until I got the Bird Tricks DVD set, I seriously can't believe this work; in a matter of a week I was able to get Mikko to start stepping up onto my hand (of course more practice is needed to perfect the trick but so far it's great progress!)

He first did it on Saturday and we've been trying to perfect it ever since :)

I feel a lot closer to him and he is really starting to bond with me.

I can now tell when he is happy, bored, sleepy, or even when he hears something suspicious (and I don't; like someone coming into the house) LOL

Right now he is sleeping in his cage (poor guy looks really tired)

Anw I just wanted to share :)

Regards

Joe

PS: if anyone is interested in learning the technique used in the bird tricks DVD, plz PM me and I will reply to you ASAP ;)

Do you have a link to the store? :-)

I've tried to Google, but there's too much results and I afraid I can pick up a wrong DVD set.

Thank you!

Guest midwestbonsai
Do you have a link to the store? :-)

I've tried to Google, but there's too much results and I afraid I can pick up a wrong DVD set.

Thank you!

Yes I second this!

• 2 weeks later...
Doug... You are such a brat! Did you not think a fellow grey owner, that had no issues, would not recognize how lucky you are? Beyond being lucky, I know you can teach so many new owners. Step up to the plate... and start teaching. You have lots of wisdom. Share it. Nancy

Nancy,

Umm... what?

I have nothing to teach. I bought a baby (15 weeks) that was handled a lot. She lets me handle her. She's not so comfortable with other people. (Even though I've been gone more than I've been home since I brought her home. Business trips have really stacked up recently...) My wife tries, but she's not a bird person. (She texted me tonight, while I am away, "Your bird is an ungrateful bitch!". I assume that there was biting involved...)

This is a situation. Not something that can be trained!

It is not luck. I paid extra for a baby that has been hand-raised. Other people (with wisdom!) are adopting birds with difficult histories. They are the ones with knowledge to share. They can teach. I can only count my (paid-for) blessings...

My wife tries, but she's not a bird person. (She texted me tonight, while I am away, "Your bird is an ungrateful bitch!". I assume that there was biting involved...)

Oh Doug, how you and your wife made me laugh this morning- I give her credit for trying, even though she's not a bird person. One of my sons is great with my fids and my other is like your wife. He is away at college and isn't home alot, but avoids the fids as much as possible.

Karen and Sam