NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I have bad news, I must rehome my birds.

Shelly Yokum

I am only going to re-home one at a time for now. That will painfully be Roy, he is approx. 7 years old. He is a sweet baby, but hates men. I think he has been abused by one or maybe more. He is a ruby macaw. Why Roy? well, he is the loudest, the messiest, and the least trusting one. I have been afraid that with his back ground, he may one day take a finger from my son. He plays with him well most of the time, but he has bitten him when he has had enough. Nothing hard, not even breaking the skin. He has never bitten me, but I am a little scared and really careful with him.

I have been a house wife, a stay at home mom for a long time close to 10 years. All at once, my husband has vanished, right a long with the direct deposit. No warning, no argument, just gone.

I am loosing everything I am afraid. I think it's only a matter of time before I will end up in one of those low income apartments. Where a loud macaw won't be welcomed. Just in case something comes through for me. I just want to part with one at a time.

I have a fee in mind, if interested please let me know. Maybe the money I get from Roy will hold me over until I can get a job and a paycheck and still get to keep my other birds.

I wouldn't be getting rid of any of my babies, if I didn't have too. I have put a lot of thought into this and was one of the toughest decisions I have ever had to make..

We the extened members of your family feel your pain and we will always hope for the best for you, your son and your fids. Just remember you will always be a part of us and we will always be a part of you. Remember we are your friends.

Guys, your warm comments, help so much, thank you all. I am truly at my wits in here. I have nothing coming in at all. Here at the holidays too. How do you tell your child there isn't going to be a Christmas this year? How do you cope with the fact you could be homeless in a few weeks? I have done everything I know how to do to find help. There haven't been even the slightest site of hope. I keep a head ache from crying all the time. Giving my self more grey hair with worry and stress. I have NEVER been in this kind of need in my life. I have always went out of my way to help those in need. I try to be kind and helpful. Why is this happening to me? Guys forgive me please, but I just don't know what to do.

I am in KY to answer the question above. sorry if it took some time to answer.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and kind words. I also want to send a special thanks to those who have sent give cards, checks, and money orders. You all make me cry, tears of joy. Strangers are much kinder and more thoughtful that family. Your prayers and gifts are so helpful right now. I hope to repay each and everyone of you. God Bless us all.

• 2 weeks later...