NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Handheld Vacuum

MarcusCAG

Hello everyone,

I did a search here just now in a few of the rooms for "handheld vacuum" and nothing came up, so I decided to post this thread... I know that a few wet/dry vacuum-type of threads have started up here before, but that isn't quite what I'm asking about. So bear with me, please. :)

Honestly, I love our vacuum. It's awesome, gets up all the pet hair, the feathers, what have you. But I've been thinking about maybe keeping a "mini" (handheld) kind of vacuum in the boys' room to help keep it tidier, since it's such a hassle to put our unit together just to attend to a new mess in the birdroom.

I was looking at a couple of models at Amazon that run for about $35-$40 or so. The only thing is, in the item description it was mentioned things about 'hard items potentially damaging the vacuum' and et cetera. (It was implied that it was basically designed for getting pet hair off of furniture, but I could just be reading more into it than was originally intentioned.) So does that mean that such a vacuum would be inappropriate for picking up stray pellets on the rug? Does anyone use anything like what I'm talking about to regularly clean their birdroom/messy parrot areas? Or should I just resign myself to dragging all of my attachments out whenever I want to vacuum up the pellety/seedy mess my boys leave for me? :)

Thanks in advance for any replies...

Edited by MarcusCAG

I bought the Shark hand held from Lowes for $29. What a relief not having to drag out the full size one. Pretty strong suction too, a lot better than the older ones that came out back in the 80s. I don't see how it could damage the motor since the filter is in the way and catches everything. Best money I spent. :D

• 3 years later...

I'd purchased a Bissell Cleanview Deluxe after reading all the positive reviews on it. Unfortunately I didn't have the same positive experience with it. It didn't suck anything up unless I had the tools pointed directly over and around the stuff I was trying to suck up. The tools were a joke. Now I'm now looking for a better one as well.

Hello everyone,

I did a search here just now in a few of the rooms for "handheld vacuum" and nothing came up, so I decided to post this thread... I know that a few wet/dry vacuum-type of threads have started up here before, but that isn't quite what I'm asking about. So bear with me, please. :)

Honestly, I love our vacuum. It's awesome, gets up all the pet hair, the feathers, what have you. But I've been thinking about maybe keeping a "mini" (handheld) kind of vacuum in the boys' room to help keep it tidier, since it's such a hassle to put our unit together just to attend to a new mess in the birdroom.

I was looking at a couple of models at Amazon that run for about $35-$40 or so. The only thing is, in the item description it was mentioned things about 'hard items potentially damaging the vacuum' and et cetera. (It was implied that it was basically designed for getting pet hair off of furniture, but I could just be reading more into it than was originally intentioned.) So does that mean that such a vacuum would be inappropriate for picking up stray pellets on the rug? Does anyone use anything like what I'm talking about to regularly clean their birdroom/messy parrot areas? Or should I just resign myself to dragging all of my attachments out whenever I want to vacuum up the pellety/seedy mess my boys leave for me? :)

Thanks in advance for any replies...

A good handheld vacuum to get that will cover many chores is

Electrolux Eureka 71b Bagless Hand Vacuum ---- about $45 --- very strong-- can pick up more solid items.

No need to spend lots of money --- Can get it at Wallmart