NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Stolen Birds in Massachusetts, USA

Talon

I found an ad on Craigs List in my area. A person a few towns over was cleaning their house with cleaners, and put their AG & their 2 Macaws in their cages out onto their enclosed porch while they were cleaning. This was on a Sunday in broad daylight. Someone stole their African Grey that they had for 22 years, in their words, the sweetest bird ever! Took the poor thing out of his cage and disappeared. NO neighbors saw anything, the police, well they have other concerns, filed a report, but that is it.

I sent a sympathy email to them, offering suggestions to looking for anything, vets, pet stores,other craigs list, etc.

Last night, I received an email from them...the thieves came back, threw their Stainless Steel cage that was locked over the porch smashing it with their 2 macaws in it, and stealing them both. God only knows if the macaws are injured. This too was in broad daylight, and once again, the neighbors saw nothing.......police don't seem to care.....the owner was at work. I don't know any more details.

The owners are horrifed, distraught, angry, upset, furious, you name it!

At any rate, anyone in the MA, CT, NJ, NY, VT, area, please keep your eyes and ears open.....

Hey, I'm in the NYC area, so I'm checking craigslist for ads for a grey and two macaws, just in case this person decides to drive a few hours to sell them.

From the way you're putting it, it sounds like after the Grey was stolen, they put the macaws out on the porch again. Am I getting this wrong or..?

Thanks everyone, I would LOVE to be on the jury! I do wonder why the macaws were out in the enclosed porch after losing their grey, but I haven't asked........they did tell me they had an alarm system, But no cameras. I sent another email asking what kind of macaws they were. I will let you know as soon as I do.

Thank you all for watching out for these poor birds, we are so lucky to have such a good family here! Your concern is over whelming, but that's what makes us a great family!

FYI. I was told that approx 100 cars go by their house in an average 3 min period, and no one saw anything..........this is a crime/drug ridden city, but I don't believe they live in the bad part, their are some good parts of town.