NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Very chatty grey

dotty

Hi peeps we have had our grey for about 18 months now and she is very talkative some days she will chat all day , I'm wondering if this is normal ? We also have a conure and he doesn't talk but joins in with noisy times , the birds are in the living room with us and can be a tad noisy , dotty our grey just never knows when to stop is there any way of trying to calm her a little , ?"???? Many thanks Nicky x

Usually greys have several times a day they are vocal but they can be chatty any time during the day, I guess you have one that doesn't know when to quit, I have a sun conure who doesn't talk but she is vocal during the day. Maybe your grey is trying to get your attention.

I see this is your first post, why not introduce yourself in the welcome room and tell us more about yourself and your fids, how many, what species, how old, names and so forth.

• 3 weeks later...

Awwww! You're lucky. My Grey is about eighteen months old and hasn't mastered the art of speaking yet - that doesn't stop her whistling and making general noises though. She does tend to go through phases of being vocal. For example, usually in a morning when I get up and then at night when I've finished work and settle down to watch the TV. She's also extremely loud when I'm on the phone to someone and she knows I'm talking but it's not to her.