NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Tattoo in dedication to Tui.

I finally had my tattoo which is for my Tui. I decided on a grey wing and her name in red. Obviously, the colours signify she's an African Grey. I also realised once I'd had it, it's on my left wrist which is the hand of which I always hold her.

In the picture the tattoo is rather shiny as I'd only just had it and had to apply cream for a week to help with healing.

239997_10150175461976372_611251371_7310318_6961565_o.jpg

• Haha 1

That's so cool! I've been wanting a grey feather tattoo for some time now. I have some cool pics of bird tattoos up on my pinterest board "tattoos" if anyone wants ideas, I am greygirldesigns on Pinterest if you want to find me!

Tui is actually with me at my desk as I type this so she says howdy. We've both had a shower and she's playing with my pot of pens ;) I've got to admit, and I feel like a baby, the tattoo really hurt - it's probably because of all the nerves in your wrist. I was wincing for most of the outline. I did consider going for a tattoo of a full Grey, but I was a little worried it wouldn't come out right. I went back to the same place I had my first tattoo done (it's the Cheshire Cat on the top of my arm), and while they did a good job of both, I just wasn't sure they'd be able to pull off a full Grey picture. While I was getting it done, the guy tattooing me said he had a man come in and request a ferret across his chest as his pet ferret had recently died. Bless!

Answering Chezron's question, I have considered it. I'm still living with my parents and I said I'd love another bird once I move out. But I have no idea when that is. ;)

• 2 weeks later...