NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Dayo's first camping trip

Rowan

Hello All

Just got back from a camping trip in the Blue Ridge Mountains of TN. This was Dayo's first long trip and first over night camping experience. He did really well !

We stopped this morning in the Great Smoky Mountains and I was able to get a few great pics of him with the mountains and morning sun in the background.

eIVAo.jpg

KaOpj.jpg

lolol I got this one the other night, he was laying in my lap playing with a rawhide bone..I untwisted it which made it LOTS more fun ;)

mh1W9.jpg

Yes, that is a plain rawhide bone, it normally looks like a stick, but with it sort of twisted. I un raveled it for him

Khm...I still don't know what IS a rawhide bone. My Eudict is not giving me an answer and Google is showing me some kinda bones for dogs to chew on them so I'm still puzzled..

Thanks for all the compliments all! :D

He is my pride and joy. He is only 17 weeks at this point, but has stolen our hearts.

Morana: I apologize, I didn't read your question correctly - yes, the "plain" rawhide are safe for birds make a fantastic chew toy for them - they are small and can be taken apart like in the picture. We are currently trying to train Dayo to chew on "his" things and not ours - so the rawhides are perfect to hand to him when he starts chewing things he is not supposed to.

Just be sure to get the "plain" ones - often they are flavored or dipped in various substances to give them taste/color. Hope this helps!

Edited by Rowan

LOVE these pictures!! I also love Dayo's Polka Dot pants! Sully has a few polka dots too, but not as big as Dayo's!

How did he like the new outdoor sights and sounds?

We started taking him outside as soon as he had all his feathers, small excursions at first, then once he got a bit bigger we got his harness. He did VERY well with the harness and in training him for the harness we take him on walks in the evening when it cools down and taking him to friends' patio parties, pet smart, the local farmers market and restaurants here that are pet friendly and have a patio! He was a bit skittish from time to time, but holding him close and telling him what things were ("its okay Dayo, its a car") each time we took him out his fear subsided.

At this time he is a very brave, curious boy! He was in awe of the woods, the sounds, the trees.. everything. He sat for hours at a time just looking and chirping. He REALLY wanted to play with the bugs - lol.

I wish more than anything I would have been able to put him in the stream near our spot. I was just so unsure of the water content so I kept him clear of it. :P

Edited by Rowan

Haha, I bet he wanted to play with those bugs!! Sully chases flys that get in the house, but doesn't catch them often. lol

Congrats on harness training! We're still trying to get him in one without him Screaming and going "WAAAAAAAAAAKAAAAAAAAA!"

That one of Dayo on his back is suitable for framing if you haven't already thought of it, what a greyt shot of him playing on his back showing off his bespeckled legs. I have no doubt he enjoyed his outing and its great that you are taking him out on a harness getting him used to it and new people and places and things, thanks for sharing the pics.

• 2 weeks later...

aww so cute, we had Rorschach camping this summer too but he isn't harness trained yet so he was in his travel cage whenever we were outside. He did have fun being away from home and met new people (who gave him treats that he isn't allowed to have at home like chips and pizza )