NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Games Room suggestion

Zoom

I hesitate to suggest this, since I'm relatively new here and I don't want to come across as someone who comes barging in with a bunch of ideas for how to change things. (Or worse, someone who doesn't appreciate a little fun...)

But. Here goes. The way I navigate the site, is I go to Forums, and then click on What's New. Lately, there seems to be more new posts in the Game Room than anywhere else, so that's what's dominating the What's New area. To me, the games posts tend to proliferate like clutter. I'd never suggest getting rid of them, but is there a way to configure the board so that they don't appear in the What's New section? In other words, to play the games, you'd have to actually go to the Games area of the forum? And the What's New section could just contain all the new bird-related posts?

Again, it's just an idea. I don't know if it's feasible, or if it would even be desirable to others.

I've toyed w/making this suggestion, too. I don't mind the clutter so much as how it pushes the more important topics off the list. Real issues don't stay very visible for very long unless people register to see the longer list or hunt thru the individual forums.

Thanks for your comments forum members. The Game Room can be a very prolific room or be very quiet, it all depends on the forum members. It is used by members who while waiting for new topics to come up in some of the other rooms spend they time playing the games. It can be a pleasant way to wait for new threads or posts to come up. There is a way to "mark forums read," perhaps if that were activated members could go more quickly through the threads they don't want to see. Right now, for the last three times I have checked there were "no new posts" so the new posts were empty . So everyone make more threads or posts and tell us more about your parrots/greys or share some pictures, Then the Game Room would not need to be active so much as there would be other threads to see and respond to,,,, instead of being bored and just logging off. Game Room Moderator, Janet

There is a way to "mark forums read," perhaps if that were activated members could go more quickly through the threads they don't want to see.

Well, ok, that sounds like it could help some... assuming everyone knew it was an option & how to use it. Neither of which includes me LOL I thought I'd figured out most of the things on the website but maybe not.

So, how about a lesson, please?

I actually found something that looked like it might do it. After searching & poking around for a while I found where there was the "forum actions" thingy at the top & saw the "mark forums read" option in the drop down menu. But no matter when or how I hit it, all I got was the dialog box below.

Also, I doubt it will do any good when I'm not logged in, which I don't bother to do until/unless I want to do something more than read the new posts.

Capture.jpg