NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello! Introducing Myself :)

My name is Traci and I am SOOO excited to be here! I just bought an African Grey (which I waited 2 years to finally be able to get) he is only 7 weeks old right now. I will get him in October!! I also purchased an Indian Ringneck and he will be ready to come home in 2 weeks once his hand feeding is complete :D The kids and I have been visiting with him, holding him & giving lotsa kisses to help us bond. So far so good! He loves to snuggle already.

Im sure I will be reading lots of the FAQ on this forum and I am grateful for all the wonderful poiters!

As soon as I figure out how to upload pics, I will post some..

Looking forward to meeting everyone..

Traci Lyn

Hi and welcome!! I just got a new CAG 2 days ago, he is 6wks. You must be so excited to bring your new baby home!! Pics are a must of course!! Ah and 2 babies, even more exciting!!

If you can, see if you can help with the hand feeding, it will help with your bond IMO. I've had raised all my birds and have never had a single behaviour problem with any of them, no bites, no screaming, no destruction...I think it really helps getting that early bond. so yes, as many visits as possible! Even if its just to kiss and cuddle. :D

Hello Traci and welcome to our family, so glad you are realizing your dream of having a grey.

I know October seems a long time away but it will be here before you know it, glad to hear you are reading all you can to find out what to expect and what is expected from you so your baby will fit right in when it gets there.

Thats good you can visit with your baby grey so when he/she finally gets to come home it will be somewhat familiar with you which will be a good help in adjusting to a new environment.

I look forward to seeing some pictures of your new grey and your ringneck.