NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

how can i stop my cag swearing

emmaj85867

floyd has been saying a few choice words of late that by the way he knew when we had him can anyone give me some advice on how the best way of stopping him saying this would be as i have a four year old grandson and a 3 week old grandson who spend a considerable amount of time with us any help appreciated :)

You wont be able to stop him saying the rude words,The only thing you can do is ignore it when he says it.Dont show any reaction when he swears & dont tell him off, Praise & fuss him when he says nice things & ignore all the bad,if you react to the bad language you will just be reinforcing something you are trying to stop.

Wash his Beak out with Soap ;-) .....Just kidding!

LMG gives good advice. After time passes and he does not hear you saying those words ( too often ;-) )or reacting to them, they will just be used by him less frequently and eventually go away....hopefully.

Only time will tell.<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/09/05 11:52

You can ignore the words that is a good start and try to teach him words that sound like the words he is saying and hope he starts saying those instead. Example Truck, or Duck. Sheet or Get.

It can take months but don't give up.

Good luck

Just don't acknowledge the words when he's saying them....even the slightest thing like you shaking your head, or saying don't say that etc etc is a response nonetheless. Just do not respond to what he is saying....I've noticed with mine, if I respond to them when they learn new words they repeat them over and over, but if I don't say those words around them, or encourage the behavior by laughing, telling them to stop or whatever, they've stopped saying it!

I have a couple of potty mouths too. Lego swears like a French Quebecer and has managed to teach Tonka some words.

Its so frustrating to see such beautiful intelligent creatures cuss like they do.

Lego had been here about 6-7 monthes now. Still swears quite a bit. He swears and then laughs, and tehn Tonka laughs. Hey, I ignore them, but they are having so much fun together... I don't know if it has any effect...

I agree with the ignoring, completely. Don't even turn your head or look at him. Try and make a big deal when you use the replacement word. Like stub your toe or something and start yelling "Duck duck duck"... hopefully he will pick up on that cause its similar and used in a high energy (drama) context.

I got some tough words to find rhymes for myself...<br><br>Post edited by: eve, at: 2007/09/06 06:29