NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Facts or Fiction

Ray P

New game

This game may take some reserach on the part of the person giving the awnser but we can learn more about our feathered friends.

Example

Poster#1

Hyacinth macaws are the largesr parrots in the world. Facts or fiction.

Poster#2

Fiction

The largest parrot in the world is a Kakapo

If poster #2 said fact than poster#1 could correct them or the next poster could correct them.

The poster with the correct answer ask the next question.

Always ask your next question weather you are right or wrong.

I hope I am clear on this

OK the question

The Hyacinth Macaw is the largest flying parrot in the world. Fact or fiction.

FACT: The Hyacinth Macaw is the largest flying parrot, approx 3 feet long. It is a beautiful rich blue with yellow on its beak and around their eyes. They generally have a puppy like disposition. They are very costly, over 10K for a new baby

FACT: The kakapo is a very rare and endangered parrot found in New Zealand- it is the HEAVIEST parrot and the only FLIGHTLESS parrot. They are large for a grounded parrot, approx 2 feet long.

FACT or FICTION:

The best escape plan when being chased by an alligator is to make frequent, sharp turns.

(Thanks Ray for making me research the kakapo! I'd never know of it otherwise!)

Fiction. You could probably escape an alligator if you ran in a zigzag. You probably also could escape one if you ran in a straight line. But the likelihood that an alligator would ever chase you on dry land is so low that the old adage is more joke than genuine advice. It simply doesn't apply. They don't like to run long distances. It's very rare for an alligator to chase a human on dry land. And the average human could easily outrun an alligator, zigzagging or not -- it tops out at a speed of around 11 miles per hour, and it can't maintain that speed for very long [source: San Diego Zoo].

FACT OR FICTION:

The hummingbird is the only bird that can fly backwards.

(Nice game Ray P)

Fact

a hummingbird can rotate each of it`s wings in a circle, allowing them to be the only bird which can fly forwards, backwards, up, down, sidways or sit in sheer space.

A hummingbird can move instantaneously in any direction. A hummingbird can even fly short distances up side down , a trick rollover they employ when being attacked by another bird

(answers .com)

Facts or fiction

A Bald Eagle can see small pray from thousands of feet in the air.

Edited by Ray P

FACT: A Bald Eagle can see small pray from thousands of feet in the air. Their eyesight is so good, that not only can they see the prey from thousands of feet in the air, but also for over three miles around.

Fact or Fiction

A swan will refuse to swim around large flocks of ducks.

I could not find anything in reasrach about cracked or leaking pipes and the turky vulture.

They have a keen sense smell and sight for finding food and they are non aggressive.

So I will say FICTION

Many South American parrot species live in mixed flocks.

FACTS or FICTION

Sterls, that is True.

The American turkey vulture helps human engineers detect cracked or broken underground fuel pipes. The leaking fuel smells like vulture food (they eat carrion), and the clustered birds show repair people where the lines need fixing.

Fact or Fiction:

The most yolks ever found in a single chicken's egg is nine.

Facts The most yolks found in one chicken egg is nine. The laegest egg in the ginness book of world records was 9 in. long and heavest egg 1 pound with five yolks.

Thats a big breakfeast

Many South American parrot species live in mixed flocks.

Fact or fiction

Edited by Ray P