NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Slam dunk!!!

birdhouse

I've seen this video before but what strikes me most is the grey always dunks in the yellow basket and the eclectus parrots use the blue one even if they get the ball on the other's court, it is so cute to watch these birds play ball, thanks for sharing that with us Val.

I thought it was hysterical when the Grey high five'd after he scored about 30 seconds in. Aside from the fact that it was just plain fun to watch, I thought it was pretty impressive that all those beautiful birds were so well socialized.

I can't even imagine trying to teach Phenix or Kura to play basketball, let alone with each other.

• 5 years later...

I just realized that posting on GF is kind of like keeping a diary. I was trying to figure out how long since Phenix got his last cage because I'm going to hopefully be selling it soon (I'm looking for a new one). I thought I might have posted something. Which I did, so now that's all set.

I tripped over this thread in the process. Revisiting it was so much fun I thought I'd drag it out of the archives for any one else who might enjoy it!

Loved this! Hadn't seen it, and it gave me a huge chuckle. Really shows how some birds seem to enjoy various training activities and how well socialized some can be. We all know that they are as different as we are when it comes to personality. I'm afraid that I'd have to admit that HRH Inara would likely just steal the ball and fly off, while laughing up a storm. Then she would extort cheese out of her opponents until returning the ball....

lol Kura is to balls what Greys are to bells. She sees a cat ball & her eyes flash & pin like she's completely crazed. Its the only time she goes into Tasmanian Devil mode! I'm not exaggerating. For a fid who's usually so sweet, it's a little scary to see the transformation!

Edited by birdhouse

I hadn't even realized this was a revived thread. Great game going on there. I agree about the forum being a journal of our lives with our greys. While I can't imagine Gil Girl playing with another parrot, at least I can see progress which would seem slo-mo in grey time, it might only be a day or two of reading to bring this little darling up to speed.