NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

purple martins

hammco

i bought my house from the family when my grandma passed away and they maintained over 100 houses for martins but trees and brush took over the coloines. I have cleared trees, re-set poles, and cleaned/painted gourds & houses. It has been 7 years since martins have been here but hopefully this in the next few weeks I will have a MASSIVE colony right here in my yard! it is my first try, but the martins are in town for sure so lets hope some will take to my yard so me and timmy can watch! i will keep yall posted!

I hope you succeed in your quest to recolonize the Purple Martin at your home. I looked them up (I am from the NW and you and your Purple Martins are far, far away). Anywho, they are gorgeous birds so I am looking forward to your hopeful flock and can't wait to see some pictures and hear some interesting tales about them!!! Good luck!

Edited by luvparrots

• 1 month later...

Well, sorry to say that I had no success this year :(

I will take housing down during the winter and put back down next feb....i saw a few scouts, so next year i should have a colony since they saw my 30+ gourds! its amazing how they migrate from brazil to the entire US, google it, its crazy!!