NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Mycobacterium

AliAZ77

Hi all-

Today is a sad day. Linus has been diagnosed with mycobacterium on top of the aspergillosis that he has been ardently fighting. Basically that means that he has avian TB, which is untreatable in birds as it is in humans. As a result, we have made the difficult (but merciful) decision to lay his little body to rest. He will fly free on Saturday, giving us a couple of days to come to terms with this unfortunate fact.

We are heartbroken.

It's difficult to understand given his age (1 year), and it is easy to second guess what we might have done wrong. But, what I do know is that we gave him love and he gave it back, and I will be forever grateful for our brief time together.

I will post more after he is gone in the Memory Room, but just wanted to update and to thank all who have taken the time to send their prayers and well-wishes. Noelle and I have really appreciated that, and we plan to get another grey someday. And, we still plan to remain active in the forum, to give love and support to all of you wonderful people.

It is so hard to know what to say to you as you deal with this devastating news. We lost two young grey brothers in the past year. Like you, I tried to make sense of it. The time and care you have spent with Linus has been a gift to him and to you. It is good for you to take this time as you make the most difficult decision. Even in your sadness, you will cherish the dignity and spirit you share with a special little guy who has meant the world to you. Be kind to yourselves and know this is not something you did wrong, but many many things you have done right as you shared his journey. My heart is with you.

Alissia, I am so sorry to hear of this sad news, I was so hoping Linus would get better but alas it was not meant to be but at least his short life was filled with love and admiration, even though his time was short you both were blessed to have had one another. May he fly free over the Rainbow Bridge until you see him again one day.

Thank you all for your kindness. Linus was laid to rest yesterday afternoon and went peacefully. We miss him terribly but know that it was time. It was a relief to see him have peace.

Once we have some more time to process this loss, we'll post to the Memorial Room. He was a special little guy that touched the lives of everyone he met.

I am so sorry to hear about Linus. I haven't been on here lately and was thinking about him. I was hoping he was home and well. I know how tough this is (w/ dogs and cats). May little Linus rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers are w/ you. You did all you could.

Again, thank you all. No doubts, no second guesses, just gratitude for sharing this brief time with our special little man! In the end, his frail body couldn't contain that HUGE spirit of his. Wherever he is, he's soaring high! Much love, little Linus. Much love.