NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Grey does the Rubber Chicken

chezron

I see other grey owners have birds with acrobatic tendencies as well. Sometimes Brutus will just fly from molding to molding and it does remind me of---well---Spiderman. He does this other thing that amazes me too, he somehow hangs on and is able to roll 360 vertically, like a top. Does that make sense?

Does your grey do this? This is the funniest thing---he hangs from the door molding. Sometimes he does it in hopes that I will pick him up from his precarious position, and other times, he just does it to see if he can.

YUP!!!! ALL THE TIME! -- You hit the nail on the head with "hopes that I will pick him up!" Greyson does that to me all the time, of course there are the screams of pain involved in it is well to make it sound more needy than what it is---- He cracks me up when he does this!!!!

I see other grey owners have birds with acrobatic tendencies as well. Sometimes Brutus will just fly from molding to molding and it does remind me of---well---Spiderman. He does this other thing that amazes me too, he somehow hangs on and is able to roll 360 vertically, like a top. Does that make sense?

Issac has a couple of ropes that hang near his atom that he loves to do some acrobatics on. And he does flap his wings spinning and rolling in all directions, including the 360 x-axis roll you describe. It's truly amazing to watch. I love watching the body arches and the wing control...they are amazing.

Dixie does that on occasion as well. It's funny because she's moving her feet around as if she were trying to reach the bottom of where ever. I love it when she feels my fingers with her feet, latches on and lets go, with a look that says "I planned this so you would get up and come over here!"

Robin

hahaha the video made me laugh so hard.

Rorschach flies to the the door and does that robber chicken, I am convinced its his favorite spot to play but he will fly back if we don't come and watch. He also does some crazy acrobatic stuff like his flip. I will call out " UPSIDE DOWN BIRD!" and he will flip upside down and roll his head around being all silly and then I tickle his belly haha he loves it.

I have to say I am really glad I found this place, I think my friends are starting to think I am a crazy bird lady because I talk about him so much. They all have kids they talk about all the time and it's kind of funny that I will talk about Rorschach as my child just to relate.

Here is a question, do any of your birds or greys beg? If I put Rorschach in his cage before he is ready for bed he will either hang off the side of the cage or go to the bottom and kick his foot. He will keep waving it until we give in and let him out.