NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

We eat good in the south

Number6

Yum, yum, sounds and looks like some good eating. But I had a real steak last night, not the kind made from hamburger, not that yours isn't good too, but mine was better. We southern people know how to cook and eat, that is for sure.

But you are from a different part of the south, Texas isn't it, I am from Virginia which is rebel country. We love our fried chicken, country ham, brown beans, cornbread, grits, gravies and an assortment of cakes and pies. I gotta stop, I am making myself hungry.

I guess every region has their own specialities, but it all sounds good to me.

judygram wrote:

Yum, yum, sounds and looks like some good eating. But I had a real steak last night, not the kind made from hamburger, not that yours isn't good too, but mine was better. We southern people know how to cook and eat, that is for sure.

But you are from a different part of the south, Texas isn't it, I am from Virginia which is rebel country. We love our fried chicken, country ham, brown beans, cornbread, grits, gravies and an assortment of cakes and pies. I gotta stop, I am making myself hungry.

I guess every region has their own specialities, but it all sounds good to me.

Mmmmmmmm Steak......

I can't cook steak anymore, the better half won't eat it. I think she's a communist, she doesn't like anything. Peaches, steak, hot dogs, barbecue, ribs, fried chicken, the list goes on.

Around here, we're big on barbecue, chicken, steak (especially a chicken fried steak), beans, chili, fajitas, typical Texas food.

Everytime I even touch a dish or pan in the kitchen, it takes about 10 seconds and I have this nosy grey thing underfoot.:lol: