NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

How Much Do You Pay for TOP pellets?

birdhouse

Thought I'd ask how much everyone is paying & see who's got the best price & good service. I need to get a new bag of TOP pellets, but my local store's been having supply problems. So I'm probably going to have to start buying online & I'd appreciate anyone's suggestions.

I buy it from my safe bird store, online. 1 lb bag is $4 something and a 4 lb bag is $14 something. You do have to pay for shipping but sometimes Kathie runs specials with free shipping or flat rate shipping, and I get my orders usually in 2 days!

Edited by KimKim

I buy it from my safe bird store, online. 1 lb bag is $4 something and a 4 lb bag is $14 something. You do have to pay for shipping but sometimes Kathie runs specials with free shipping or flat rate shipping, and I get my orders usually in 2 days!

Thanks! I only feed them as a supplement to their regular food or when I don't have time (or am too lazy) to fix dinner. I also like the idea that they might fill in for any nutritional something that might be missing.

I only use the TOP pellets because everything else I've found has processed vitamins, etc that I don't feed my ekkie. I was very excited when I saw my local store got them. But their distributor isn't at all dependable & they didn't have any again this weekend when I was there. So it's good to have an alternate source. And there looked like there might be some other interesting things on that site, too. :)

Thought I'd ask how much everyone is paying & see who's got the best price & good service. I need to get a new bag of TOP pellets, but my local store's been having supply problems. So I'm probably going to have to start buying online & I'd appreciate anyone's suggestions.

Why?

Why so happy about paying TOP price for pellets with all the ethoxyquin, BHA/BHT and other icckky addtives?

Is paying TOP price the way to happiness? when your birdies kidneys and livers get wonderfully preserved with ethoxyquin or BHA or BHT or propylene glycol?

You birdie not worth the effort to feed the birdie the best food ever for them?

As long as your pocket can continue to pay TOP prices?

See how Tinkerbell mash is made, and think seriously if your birdie is worth the love and effort that go into that mash.

Tinkerbell Mash - Best food by far for your Grey

Edited by shanlung

NOT GUILTY, Shanlung!! LOL

:) Yes, I love them

:) Yes, they're worth the time to feed them a healthy diet

:) You're really preachin' to the choir, here

I'm pretty much the old fashioned, “all natural” type. I make & freeze the base for my bird's diet. I have an Eclectus who came to me with stress bars because she really doesn't tolerate any artificial additives in her diet. So, I have to be even more careful.

However, organic produce is limited by the season. “Fresh” produce is often irradiated. I'm not all that convinced that genetically modified veggies really are all that great. Pesticides are always a concern no matter how much I wash things. Realistically the cost of keeping the flock in healthy, homemade food is up there, too.

TOP pellets not only meet my criteria for a healthy supplement to their diet, but they allow me to offer additional ingredients that I may not have available. They're a different presentation to help guard against birdie bordom in the eating department. I can also rely on them to not turn in the dish when it's hot & I can't be around to change food. And, the fids like them.

I'm very convinced that homemade food is the best way to go. But I'm also convinced that there are some rare commercially available foods which are a nice, safe & healthy addition to my fids diet.

Check it out & tell me what you think...

All ingredients are Human Grade and Certified Organic.

An all natural source of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and other nutrients for a happy and healthy bird.

Naturally Preserved with Rosemary, Rose Hips, Lemon and Orange Peel

No Artificial Anything No Artificial Preservatives like BHA, BHT or ethoxyquin. No artificial colors or flavors. No artificial vitamins. No sucrose/sugar added.

No Animal Products or animal by-products.

No genetically modified organisms.

Certified Organic Ingredients: Brown rice, barley, sunflower seed hulled, alfalfa leaf, sesame seeds unhulled, amaranth whole, quinoa whole, buckwheat hulled, millet hulled, dandelion leaf powder, carrot powder, spinach leaf powder, purple dulse, rose hips powder, rose hips crushed, orange peel powder, lemon peel powder, rosemary whole leaf, cayenne ground, crushed red chili peppers, wheat grass powder, barley grass powder.

Guaranteed Analysis: Protein 15% Max, Fat 6% Min., Crude Fiber 6% Max.

TOP pellets are cold-pressed (not extruded or baked) to keep natural enzymes, vitamins, and other nutrients intact.

foundAqtip.jpg

NOT GUILTY, Shanlung!! LOL

:) Yes, I love them

:) Yes, they're worth the time to feed them a healthy diet

:) You're really preachin' to the choir, here

:)

LOL at this too!

No offense meant by me and I hope no offense taken by anyone.

I did not realised TOP is a brand of pellets as you all know I have been away from that pellet world so many years already.

I recently came from a bird forum somewhere in South East Asia where people there took so much pride in how much $$$$ that they pay for pellets. Where the more $$$ that they pay, the higher up in prestige that they felt.

On that scale , of course Tinkerbell Mash rank low as Tink Mash is so inexpensive to make. Even if that was the best ever food, the people there felt they lose face unless they pay huge $$$$

It seems the revolution started by Mike Burton my friend (of Mike's Manna Mash) and continued on by me and others benefitted even those sticking to the pellet world.

The reply from TOP that you tagged on above seemed almost a direct reply to my castigation of pellets.

But why was such ickky additives in the pellets in the first place when they knew the damage inflicted on the organs and tissue of the birdie and beasties?

Making mash is a work of love to me, and I know for a fact that nothing but the best will go into the mash. A year or so ago, you read of the cats and dogs dieing of failed kidneys because of a bad batch from suppliers, and of melamine contamination.

With the mash you make, frm ingredients that you chose, you know your birdie is guaranteed the best and nothing but the best.

Instead of depending on commercial pellet makers and the suppliers that they source at the cheapest price to themselves.

And charging folks so much in that process for something which is not the best.