NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Greenwing, never made it home.

Karcar

Well I had posted in an earlier thread about taking on a greenwing that had a broken pelvis and the breeder had stated i was the only person he would trust with the birds care, I don't know if anyone remembers but I guess it was not to be I received a call from my breeder to let let me know that his dog had gotten in the pen the bird was recuperating in and accidentally killed him. I was to say at the least very broken hearted even though I hadn't actually received the bird into my home as of yet I was so excited and had started buying food, toys, and a new BIG cage for the baby. I am a firm believer in the fact that things happen for a reason so. I just have to trust that is wasn't meant to be after talking to some vets the pelvis is a weight bearing bone and who knows there could have been more trouble later down the line. Either way it doesn't matter now he is no longer with us and there will be other greenwings when the time is right. Thanks for listening, Karen

I am so sorry to hear this Karen, yes I remembered you telling us about a macaw that had a broken pelvis that the breeder wanted you to take for you were the only person he felt could take on the responsibility, how sad that poor macaw suffered a horrible death but like you said it just wasn't meant to be. Your macaw is out there somewhere and your patience will be rewarded when the time is right, again so sorry.