NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

How did your bird(s) get it's name?

Buffy

I have enjoyed reading all of the comments on how people come up with names. Sometimes a name comes instantly and other times we try different names out on a bird before one sticks.

Our CAG "Pluma" used to have a different name at her previous address but we didn't feel it was right for her. Since Pluma was a professional grade plucker when she arrived her plumage was in rough shape. Pluma barely had a single feather on her chest or legs that wasn't damaged so we used the Spanish word for "feather" and went with "Pluma."

We have another pair of CAGs that are just gorgeous!! I've never seen more beautiful birds! We called them "Bentley" and "Cayenne" after two high end brand names. They deserve it!!

The other pair of CAGs that we have are also beautiful and they have engaging personalities so we call them "Calypso" & "Gitana." I don't know why, "Gitana" came first and I was looking for an adventurous name that would go with the free spirited "Gitana" and "Calypso" seemed to fit.

Our Blue & Gold "Tica" got her name because the women in Costa Rica are called "Ticas." It turns out that we are not the first to come up with that name as I have come across quite a few B&Gs called "Tica."

I am an avid motorcycle rider that spends a lot of time on twisty backroads and at the local racetracks doing trackdays. My CAG's name is "Ohlin" which is derived from "Ohlins" which is a company that makes top notch components (Suspension) for motorcycles. lol- Even My dogs name is "Desmo" (pronounced dezmo) which is representative of Ducati motorcycles.

-Jake

When I met my new baby for the very 1st time, he was completely "nude" !!! as soon as I held him the name "BELLA" popped into my head... I don't know why but just looked like a "BELLA" He was only 3 wks old at the time. I so wanted a girl *****so for the next couple wks I would occasionally call him "BELAS" but most times it was just "THE BABY" we got the DNA on 10/24/10 that "IT'S A BOY!" and I was telling my friend that I had to come up with a new name for my son that is a grey... and WHAMMMMMMMO...IT HIT me like a tornado---- GREYSON was born!!!!! -- I found a site that gives the meaning of your name and found it quite interesting:--( I looked in the forum rules and couldn't find anything against posting links so I hope it's ok)-- http://www.kabalarians.com/cfm/DisplayNameAnalysis.cfm

•Your first name, Greyson, creates a friendly, sensitive, and practical nature.

•You gravitate to positions where there is stability, security and opportunities to work with others to make steady progress.

•You could be very skilful in dealing with technical and mechanical matters.

•You appreciate details, precision, and system and order.

•These qualities, however, can make you too fussy, from time to time, over inconsequential matters.

•You do not take to changes easily and can be quietly stubborn.

•You do rely on the support and encouragement of others as there is an underlying lack of confidence with this name.

•For the same reason, many times you procrastinate over making decisions.

•The name Greyson creates the urge to be friendly and diplomatic, but we point out that it limits your versatility and vision, tuning you to technical details.