NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I gotta share!

This evening I was sitting and customarily watching Wheel of Fortune as I do most nights, and I have Brutus in my lap. He was getting his usual major head scratching, although, he was getting a longer time then normal. This is ALWAYS a silent affair accompanied by closed eyes and looks of complete contentment. Tonight, though, was different. At one point he says, "You're the best." Now, does he KNOW what that means? Because it sure seems like he does. I just about fell out of the chair!

How every cute, I believe they understand a lot. Ana Grey uses the proper pronouns like if she gets in trouble she will say, "I'll be good". I always say "You be good to her when she is bad. If she doesn't like something I have done she says, "You be good" If I am singing and she wants me to stop she says, "Stop that" with feeling. So they know the difference, I believe.

I think Brutus loves when I sing (at least I have one fan!). When I was initially taking him home for the first time, we had a two hour drive in the dark, so I thought singing would help him feel better. I ended up singing r&b to the radio for almost the whole ride. Even now he seems to mellow out when I sing, and he just sits and listens. My husband though is another story, he just tells me to "let the professionals do their job." Oh well...

• 2 weeks later...