NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I said something I shouldnt have...OOPPPS!

hammco

:cool:Well guys, eariler this week I walked into the birds/dogs room and saw that the dogs had pooped 2 or 3 times on the floor, and they usually dont do that much...Needless to say I had a verbal reaction to the dogs and I said, in a pretty loud stren voice, "WHAT THE HELL!!!". No big deal right, I slipped the "H" word....NOT THE CASE THO! Timmy must have loved to hear me say that ONE TIME and he mastered it in about half a day...now he says that between every whistle and sound he makes!! HAHA I cant believe how smart these little guys are, just more and more every day!:cool:

Hee Hee. I've pretty much eliminated swearing. I don't even swear outside of the house because I don't want to slip into the habit. Yesterday, I was loading something into my cars' trunk with the help of a sales person. I have an injured wrist, and I hurt it badly trying to be helpful. Instead of swearing, I said "ow, sugar, frick and frack, geez, ow". The sales person looked at me with a raised eyebrow, and I had to explain that I've had to make up my own swear words so my parrot won't repeat something I don't want him to. Yet another un-anticipated side effect of having a parrot. :)

I practiced for months to keep my language PG-13 or better before my little guy came home. It is a lot harder in the traffic we have here, I am thinking it might be good to put the empty birdie backpack in the front seat to remind me to keep being nice in spite of the rest of the drivers out there. Maybe that would work. I already have a pair of driving mittens designed to keep me out of trouble. So far, so good. You better believe that one word you wish you hadn't uttered will be the favorite for a long time to come.

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha, they do pick up on words and phrases we use with high anxiety tied to them.

What the hells wrong with "What the Hell!"? That is mild and not a curse word at all in my vast verbal repository of high anxiety exclamations. It did me a while to change a phrase a used to use regularly the first time Dayo popped out with it when something went wrong like throwing a toy to the floor in a rage. I was replaced with "Shoot, God Dang it!", which he uses regularly in attacking and killing a large bell he loves to fight with. :P