NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

budgie surprise!

dblhelix

Yes, we are lucky. We will continue to search for the owner. Found bird info is provided in a fashion so only someone who truly lost the bird would be inclinded to reply. We would make them describe it before assuming they are the owner! I would want that done if Kip got lost and someone found her...however, if no one replies, we will be VERY HAPPY to keep this little one... :P<br><br>Post edited by: dblhelix, at: 2007/08/29 02:56

Well, what would you say about that? A little present that flew to you (instead of go looking for one) - :)

She looks lovely - how's she behaving? Scared or just a little on her guard?

:P She is doing fine. Still a bit wary of her new home, but that is to be expected. She is eating well, so that is good. She does seem to be hand shy. Not sure if she was just not handled much (or at all) previously or if she is just not comfortable with us yet. I will work on that though. She is tiny at only 22 grams even for a budgie!!! But the vet said she had decent muscle, fat etc for her size. She small, but darn cute!! :P :P<br><br>Post edited by: dblhelix, at: 2007/08/31 03:30

Aw Mark, you just use your masculine charms and I'm sure she will come around in no time. You are such a sweet and nice guy that no female could resist for long.

Small but petite but she is a cutie for sure and I assume you haven't had any luck in finding her former home, which is great news for you. You keep us posted of her progress and be sure to share any new stories about her adventures as the new member of your flock.

Yeah, all the girls go wild for me!! What can I say...

{Love-00020116}

I will keep everyone posted for sure. No sign yet of the former owner. The more time that passes the better chances we will keep her! Yaay!! I am pretty confident I will get her to be comfortable with handling as I was able to handle my other budgie Lucky very well. He would fly to me on command etc...as with anything, patience and consistency are key!

Hi all...well, we posted signs w/in about a mile radius of our house, phone poles, street lights etc. No one has contacted us...so it really does look like we have a new family member. She seems to be doing fine, adjusting to the cage she's in etc. She is still quite skittish and most definitely afraid of hands. Whoever had her must not have handled her much if at all. However, I continue to work with her and she is getting more comfortable with her surroundings in general. We have just had her over a week now so no doubt it is understandable that she will not be comfortable with the stability of her new home yet. She is still in quarantine of course and will be for another 35 days or so....poor little girl. She will be happier when we can at least have her cage out in the family room etc where the action and Kip usually are!! :P