NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

How to "step up" Timmy...finally figured something out!!

hammco

Since I got him, he will step up when out of the cage but when inside...a bite is in route if you try to touch him, or so I thought! Heres what I have since figured out: I have been putting my finger out slow and nervouslike and I think he senses it and times his beak to make contact with ease. Well the past couple weeks I have said "step up" as I go straight to his lower chest (kinda fast and confident-like) and he steps up just fine!! This may not be a big deal, but just wanted to share! Im figuring him out more as each day goes by!

Congratulations! You are learning his language!! I don't have any problem getting Neo to step up when he is in his cage. Usually he is running for the door to come out as soon as he sees me. It's when he's on his play stand or my chair and I need to put him back in the cage. He doesn't bite but he lowers his head down past his feet so I can't get my hand in there. (That also says, "Don't put me back. Scratch my head!!!!!)

Thanks! I feel good that he is in a happy home now! Ive figured out that Timmy wants to be the boss, and Im a tad bigger than him and it just wont work that way, HAHA, so when its time to come in the kitchen with us and eat or go to bed, I can make it happen...Its a lifestyle change for me and the same goes for him too! Making breakfast and dinner for him, fresh water every 3 or 4 hrs...it all adds up when I have a family with kids and other pets as well, so just like my son...when I need him to do something (not out of the ordinary stuff, just normal daily routine stuff) I now know how to get him to do it, and he still has all the free time to chew and destroy my stuff and Im cool with that!! LOL!!!!

Well the past couple weeks I have said "step up" as I go straight to his lower chest (kinda fast and confident-like) and he steps up just fine!!

That makes all the difference too when you are confident instead of fearful for they sense that and hence the bite coming, you are figuring Timmy out and it is wonderful to hear you being so positive about him, I see greyt things in your future with him, keep up the good work.