NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi to all

Just a quick introduction (and early appology for the raft of daft questions that I am likely to loose on you all :D )

Have just brought a new (13 weeks) fully weaned AG home ... 'Mort' is settling in and seems very content with his surroundings and new cage. Been reading as much as I can but nothing beats actual advice from folks who have been there (and got the guano covered T shirt).

Cheers

Congrats to Mort for finding a dad who is willing to do everything to make his life happy and healthy. About a year ago I was new to all this and the forum has been my guiding light and best source of information and support. There are no daft questions, you can't just know everything about grey's by reading. Every one is singularly spectacular and we look forward to knowing more through your experience too. This is such a happy wondrous time for you, thanks for coming in and sharing with us.

The poop covered t-shirt is part of the induction process. You will soon have your very own, and it won't be long until you go to the supermarket and wonder why people are staring at you and giggling. Until you get home and someone points out the long streak of white running down your back.....

Welcome aboard!

That is a nice, clean looking young Grey!! My Timmy looked like that several years ago, HAHA!!! You r in the right place for advice, so ASK AWAY! Theses guys r awesome and honest at the same time, so LISTEN to advice and enjoy ur new parrot!

I will warn you tho......You will become addicted to ur Grey and this forum!!!! It is normal tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the pics and info!

Yup that is his true weight (in grams) ... did a water calibration on the scales today and they are accurate (yes I zero'd for the weight of the spectacularly amateur weighing perch I knocked up!)

He does seem quite big against the 'normal' weights quoted in books but I guess the range is probably very wide - as long as he stays in proportion! When we picked him out he was a little bigger than the other 3 but not hugely so.

He is 15 weeks at the moment, any guide on how much more he is likely to grow. Not an issue just curious :-)

At 16 weeks, they are pretty much fully grown and at their full growth.

As Judy mentioned, when they fledge, they reduce food intake to lighten up and make flight easier, by natural instinct. When taking weights, it best best to do it first thing in the morning after their big bomb. This will give you consistency in your weights to track.

Also, the weight range for CAGs is between 400 to 650 grams. TAGs run from 275 to 375.