NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Back from vet, Sadie

Karcar

I love my vet and feel so fortunate to have her near enough to get my birds to she first of all said, and I quote "Sadie has one hell of an immune system" her gram stain was neg. she felt the reason her crop was in the shape it was is because of the poor poor diet she has been on that in time her connective tissues will began to tighten things back up she has not had any protein etc in her diet and with the proper diet the plucking should stop too if it doesn't then we will look at doing some blood panels but she wanted to give her a chance for some TLC and proper diet to work first, she also said I might add what and exceptional bird Sadie is . When she ask Sadie it she could listen to the chest with the stethoscope, Sadie said "scope". With Sadie being in quarantine. I stupidly took Lucy my zon in for her yearly well baby check as I call them. Any way I pulled Lucy out of her carrier and handed her over to Dr. Hess, Sadie said "Lucy Lucy" and I mind you she had never seen Lucy before that afternoon. My vet said she would not have left that bird in those horrible conditions and after talking and visiting with her I think I have one fantastic bird she has gone down for the night but I will get pictures up tomorrow for sure. I told Maggie my hound dog to lay down because she was scaring the bird and two second later she was telling Maggie to lay down, She really is something else and I have gotten her to step up twice so far, so life here is good. I tell you after sweet Angel, Sadie was a much needed shot in the arm. As they say when one door closes another one opens, Karen :)

I tell you after sweet Angel, Sadie was a much needed shot in the arm. As they say when one door closes another one opens

It certainly does Karen and I am so glad to hear that Sadie is in such good shape considering the conditions she was living in, imagine how she will be when some more time has gone by, it looks like a wonderful relationship is being built, you two are so blessed to have found one another, waiting for pictures when you get the chance.

This is so nice too hear! I'm very glad for you both.

Sounds like you're going to have to be very careful what you say around Sadie. She'll leak everything on your Xmas list if you're not careful.

Although, it may come in handy if you have any hints for your hubby...?