NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello

Beakster

Hello to Everyone

Hi to all .. Where is everyone from??? I'm from Ontario Canada.. In search of some good Breeders for a TAG... I have been in love with these birds since the 1st time I seen one at the pet stores..I have emailed some Breeders but they never seem to get back to me.. So I would thought I would join a Forum an see if anyone can recommend some Good Breeders for me ...

Thanks for any Help

Looking forward to doing some more reading in here, excellent Forum

Shawn

I just sent a email out to him, I see the add is a few months old but will give anything a shot to track a TAG down.. In no hurry, so only time will tell..

Do older TAG's go for the same price as a baby??? Never thought of a older one, just cause I would like to be his only owner.. But will keep it in mind!!!

Thanks again to Everyone

Shawn

*****Do older TAG's go for the same price as a baby??? ******

Pre owned parrots (adults) usually cost less but baby parrots who aren''t as young as other baby parrots will cost the same

example-------baby bird, 8 mts old --baby bird, 3 mts old-------same price.

You'll need to shop around and see what's available and I know nothing about Canadian Adoption centers. All parrots in shelters/adoption centers are adult birds but their life span is huge. You'll definitely grow old with a pre owned bird.

I was ignorant when I brought Harvey home. I hadn't even contemplated a rescue. I wanted a cute, cuddly, feathery baby. I wanted it to love me and I wanted it to grow old with me. I knew nothing about rescues - until I came here. I couldn't believe the amount of good people out there who were taking in older, unloved greys. Was their joy any different to the joy I had with my baby. The swift answer is no!

An older grey may not be the "cuddly wuddly" you want right off - but I think that sharing mishaps and mistakes and learning together would be such a challenge. I know now that if I were to ever add to my flock, then a rescue would be my first call. Look into it - they will bring you so much joy, and give you so much love x

I started re-homeing without even thinking about it, people knew in this small town I live in that I love birds and I get ask all of the time if I want a bird, as a matter of fact I may need to come up with a plan. I can only care for so many birds and have the time to give them what they need. So please do think about the throw away babies too.

Karen

Thanks all to the different point of views... I enjoy seeing different point of views, everyone keep pointing out other ideas...Shawn

That's what this place is all about - different people from different time zones, but we all share the same passion - our pets! I just hope we aren't confusing you!!

All our birds are rehomed or rescues and each is a different story and personality but I don't think I could love them or enjoy them any more if they were hatched here. The added joy of watching a shy or abused bird come around to a happy balanced personality with improved plumage is hard to match.

It is so good to see someone doing research ahead of time to find a grey companion. Please be careful if you are offered an unweaned baby, some breeders will tell you how easy it is and offer a discount. If that happens, run. If they are unconcerned for the chicks welfare, they are not the right breeder for you.

Welcome,

I'm from BC canada and i am waiting for my new timneh baby to wean and come home with me

I am getting her from a breeder in Manitoba but I have found some other good breeders

You can check out http://www.parrotplace.ca and look under breeders, you are able to search by breed of bird or location and its a canadian site

There are Timnehs ready to go at homestead hatchery in Ontario http://homesteadshatchery.homestead.com/6forsale.html

this breeder is well recomended

Good luck on your search

Crystal

All my greys have been rehome birds....I don't think I'd do it any other way. Luckily for me none of them came to me with behavior issues. My first timneh was 3 when I got her, my congo was 14 mos, and my most recent timneh was an abandoned bird found in an apartment by my bro in law...She is so sweet, I've no idea why someone abandoned her. I think when homing and older grey, you kinda know what your getting personality wise right off...and there are so many that need homes. Good luck in your decision.