NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Red feathers in random places

Kaleah

I just happened to notice a small bright red feather coming in on Kaleah's neck. As I've said before, her neck and most of her chest were plucked bald when I got her but in the month that I've had her are all coming in nicely. I check the new feathers constantly through out the day to see how they're doing and to make sure she isn't falling back into her old nasty habit. So far so good there, but today I found the red feather and I don't know what to make of it. I know it can happen to damaged follicles due to plucking, something that she was guilty of doing before I got her. She was just to the vet last Friday and passed the vet's exam with flying colors.

Has anyone found the same thing with their Greys before?

Don't be to concerned with it, as you noted it can occur when there is nutrition problems and/or plucking. Sometimes in a molt or two they will return to gray feathers.. Most red factor Grey, start with early red feathers, again, sometimes lasting till a molt, others don't ever lose them...Thanks Jay d

Thanks everyone! I had remembered reading something about the "King Greys" about a month ago but didn't pay much attention to it. I never thought I would need to, but I guess I was wrong. I can't wait to see how it looks once her feathers are grown in.