NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

"clicking" his beak???

hammco

this past weekend my wife was cutting her fingernails and timmy started "clicking" his beak and it sounds EXCATLY like her nail clippers clipping the nails. he is doing this all the time now and everytime he sees any of us he does it nonstop! if i put my finger on his beak and put a little pressure on it, he does it!! is this a mimick or a game he is playing or is it something they do as a warning?

They all do a clicking sound, I think its about time you read thru some of the threads to see what else you should be noticing that is normal for all greys but you are so excited to have this bird and you ask all the questions you want as we are here to answer them for you. It can be a warning too but when you have had him longer to observe his body language then you will know when to leave well enough alone.

Guys, I really appreciate all the info! Ive ALWAYS wanted a Grey and heres my chance finally! I just want to do everything right and keep him happy. I will spend time reading and searching posts for questions I may have! Thanks again!!!

Ho Ho Ho! Be ready for all of the noises in the house that you take for granted, but your grey will pick upon. By far Harvey's most annoying is the timer on the oven, oh and te microwave, the squeak on the door (that doesn't squeak any more and hasn't since he started it when he was 18 weeks old), the electric opening bin, the cough, the sneeze, the telephone............!!! Oh the joys of being owned by a grey!

I'm sitting here upstairs and I've put Harvey in his cage for a bit (he's been out three hours already and had me run ragged) and he still hasn't shut up - he goes on and on and on and on........!! You sharp find you have "selective hearing" and switch off!!! Good luck x