NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cage Question And Cold Question!!!

Poshey22

Hey Im From Ireland And Got A Cage Delivered from england to ireland got it today did not notice till i see it up the leg was small bit bent but the hastle of taking it apart and sending it back would break my heart ill post pic its not that bad like strong cage should be ok... another but main question im gonna have the cage out in my extent ion all day every day till nite time when ill role it into the house plus she will be in the house for play time every evening like like question are the gray well able for the cold during the day the extinction is grand doors and windows closed like would it be ok during the day ireland weather like hahah will be cold at nite but will they be grand during the day with all there feathers here is few pics of cage the leg and my extension parrotcage.jpgex.jpg second image the cage has sheets over it till i get baby gray.. leg.jpg

I am glad the cage got to you without any major issues. As for the temp question... I am not to sure. I read here that the temps greys should be in is between 68-74?? Here in Virginia it is getting cold so I have my heater set at 68-70, depending on if my hot blooded husband is home:) My greys cage is on the first level of our 3 level townhouse and it is cooler down there so I have fleece fabric I cover his cage with at night and I put a small fleece on the top part of the cage to help. I know some do not cover their birds, but I do. It works better for him, more sleep, if he is covered. He gets restless and loud at night when I know he wants to go to bed:) Someone will answer it for sure though soon. Thanks for the pictures!

It was not a cover made for cages, I just went to a fabric store and bought 3 yards of fleece. My cage is backed up to a wall, so 3 yards covers the two sides and the front with a little left over on each end. Then for the holidays, I get printed fabrics to be cute and festive! :)

Is the plan to keep the bird pretty caged all the time? They really need to be where people are all day long, which I would assume would be in the house.

In regards temperatures, Kim is right. Isn't it cold there during the daytime in winter months as well? Perhaps you could put an oil heater or the like out in that area to heat it if you must keep your grey out there. YOu can also purchase heated perches for parrots as well to keep them warm.

It's really not good to get a parrot if it cannot be with the "Flock" during none sleeping hours.