NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Would you call this a blue mutation?

Paulie blue

DSC01632.jpg[/img]

Ive just joined up and finding my way around the site. This is a photo of one of my TAGs, Im after some feed back on it, would you call this a blue mutation? The photo was taken with the flash on which highlights the blue a little more but it even in normal light the feathers are quite blue.

A lot of my TAGs have very dark tails with almost no red, but none of them have the blue feathering like this one. I understand that some birds reflect a bluish tinge but i have not seen it to the extent of this one, the scallop feathers are actually blue. Does anyone have photo's of their Birds displaying the blue colouring as this one ???

DSC01640.jpg

Here is a shot in the open, he is sitting next to youngster i am rehabilitating, some of the birds i come across over here are in a horrible state.

But as you can see the blue is quite clear. I just put the cage up and it was locally made, i wasnt expecting such bad workmanship, i have attended to the wires.

Thanks again guys for the welcome and the feed back. Great site and really enjoying the topics and discussions.

Peace.