NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Which perch to help trim nails?

reggieroo

I've tried two different perches now with no good results.

I have a twirler natural wooden perch with bark on it & a calcium trimming perch, none of which has done the job. I even gave his nails a trim when I bought the perches but they have grown back sharp as ever.

Murphy has some talon on him I can tell you, almost pierces my skin!

I've looked at various other ones inc sandy perch, polly's twister perch & wondered what people have used with good results?

I have a sandy corner perch in a corner of Babalu's cage. He also rubs his beak on it and keeps it nice and smooth. It is also one of the highest perches in his cage. Once this one is pretty used up I am going to get a size bigger so his claws/talons do not over wrap the perch in hopes to keep them a little smoother although the one I have now works pretty good.

I also had no luck with the cement perch. But as I have posted in other treads, I love the sandy perch! It has worked so well with his beak and nails. I dont know what size I have in inches but it was the size recommend for greys, next time though I will be getting a larger size so his nails do not hang off the perch and his feet are spread a little wider.

Pollys twister perch (reggerio's post) looks like the one I bought for Tobie that ended my need to trim his nails. I put it in front of his wooded chew toy so he leans in and out while playing and gripping with his feet. It is also high in the cage because they are hard to clean if they get poop on them. I had bought a medium size one but that didn't do it . When I added the large one his nails stayed dull.

Pollys twister perch (reggerio's post) looks like the one I bought for Tobie that ended my need to trim his nails. I put it in front of his wooded chew toy so he leans in and out while playing and gripping with his feet. It is also high in the cage because they are hard to clean if they get poop on them. I had bought a medium size one but that didn't do it . When I added the large one his nails stayed dull.

That's the one I'm thinking about buying, the twister perch. Just been to yet another pet store & they don't do them, all I can find is the calcium trimming perch that I already have which doesn't work!

Right then, enough research has been done, going to buy the Polly's twister perch.

Edited by reggieroo