NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Just got ourselves a Grey!!

Pradhu

Hello From Kuwait!!

After thinking for a long time, we finally got ourselves a Grey!! We have named him Laddu, which means adorable in Hindi. :-) Below are some pics of him.

Just a question, the breeder told us that he is around 4 months old, but we feel that he maybe a bit older. Much helpful if anyone can figure out the approximate age from the pictures.

Thanks!

IMG_0694 (Resized).jpg

IMG_0684 (resized).jpg

IMG_0692 (Resized).jpg

Welcome and thank you for posting with us... There's no way of truly knowing the age with out the hatch date. Your baby's eye's are dark, and his red tail feathers still have dark in them, so he's somewhat under a year old, sorry...Jayd

Welcome to the Grey family! Well the last picture was taken in March 2010 so that picture is more than 4 months old by just a tad. Laddu is a fine looking grey you should be very proud of him. I look forward to hearing more about him.

Thank you very much for your compliments! Yes we are really proud of him :-)

Regarding the daty: Sorry, the date in our camera is not updated. All the pictures were taken just yesterday.

Edited by Pradhu

Welcome and thank you for posting with us... There's no way of truly knowing the age with out the hatch date. Your baby's eye's are dark, and his red tail feathers still have dark in them, so he's somewhat under a year old, sorry...Jayd

Jayd,

Thank you!

We are really excited on having him. Today is the 3rd day that he is with us. One more thing if I may ask, is that he is awfully quiet. He lets me feed him by my hand, lets me pet him on his belly area, and comes on my arm (with a bit of persuasion), but apart from that just sits, listens and observes quitely; No reaction, and no sound. We have read a lot on forums with Greys being very curious and active, and were just a bit worried about it.

One more thing, yesterday we went out and got a lot of toys for him, but he seems uninterested in them.

Regards,

Prashu & Radhu

Welcome Pradhu, it's GreYt having you here!

Your baby is certainly under 6 months for sure based on the darkness of the eyes. Baby Greys are somewhat curious of some things, but greys are much more reserved than other parrots. Also, your baby has not been home long with you, so he is still trying to get used to the new home, cage and people. You are actually fortunate that he is as involved with you as he is.

Once he gets more settled in and used to the environment, he will become a little more curious and exploratory. Each grey is different and so please do not try to make your new baby fit into molds made by some other forums on them. :)

Hello Pradhu and welcome to our family, we are so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Laddu.

Do not worry about his quietness at the moment, he has entered a whole new world for him, new owners, new home, new everything to him so he is taking it all in at the moment but be prepared for more of his true personality to emerge as he settles into his new home. Just give him time and lots of love and he will be exploring his cage and his new surroundings, after all you have only had him 3 days, that is nothing in grey time.

He looks about 4 months old, those dark eyes are a dead giveaway as they turn lighter as they age and he is a handsome little fella from the pics you so nicely shared with us right off the bat without asking for them, sometimes we have to beg for pics.

Don't worry about the toys for right now, they will get played with soon enough when he is ready.