NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Parrot Encyclopedia

Georgiesmum

Look for "Parrots of the World" here is a link for Amazon

Parrots of the world [book] by Joseph M. Forshaw, Joseph Michael Forshaw, William T. Cooper in Books

Overview - Compare prices - Reviews - Related books

books?id=GliAQgAACAAJ&printsec=frontcover&img=1&zoom=1&l=220

$4 used from 9 sellers

17 reviews

By Joseph M. Forshaw, Joseph Michael Forshaw, William T. Cooper - T.F.H. (1977) - Hardback - 584 pages - ISBN 0876669593

Covers every species and subspecies including those now extinct and those newly discovered.

Add to Shopping List

That 'Parrots: A Guide To Parrots Of The World' appears to be the best one I have seen. Gorgeous images and great information. As soon as I get a little extra money to spend, I am going to get that one.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally receive my book (took about 2 months ) Lol It's a wonderful book and really goes into detail to explain the slight difference in some parrots and major differences in others... Some parrots i have never even knew existed. Tells you about extinct parrots and new world parrots... And beautiful illustrations of each parrot :)

Another one I love, but isn't so much about various species as about various behavior and such is Manual of Parrot Behavior. It is a series of articles, mostly by avian vets, related to current research into parrots. I was pleased when I saw that one of the authors turns out to be the avian vet I chose for my lil guy. Its a highly scientific book and you probably can get the same information here from people in more easily to understand ways but if your science minded like I tend to be, its an awesome book.

http://www.amazon.com/Manual-Parrot-Behavior-Andrew-Luescher/dp/0813827493/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1290712383&sr=8-1