NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

A heroic Parrot story.....

danmcq

Dan, thanks for this link, although the subject of intruders is serious, I laughed at the very idea of them slipping in thinking they would just pick up a sweet little bird they had observed in a different situation and found a BIG surprise when he launched a counteroffensive against them. I imagine that the "thrown bottles" and mayhem were them warding him off and scrambling for safety. I hope they rue the moment they hatched their ill conceived plan and that the police do get enough evidence to come after them and hold them up to public ridicule and justice.

I knew all along that those little sun conures can pack a punch in such a small body as I have one and she can be ferocious when she wants to, nothing is too big for her to tackle.

Thanks for sharing that heartwarming story with us Dan, what a brave little bird and smart too, he managed to capture some skin and blood, maybe enough for dna testing, bet they will think twice before doing that trick again.

I love the idea that someone thought they were bad enough to rob the place & got chased off by a "little bird"! Think it will be karma if whoever it was gets caught while you can still see the damage because they'll never live it down.

Kind of ironic though. Yesterday's topic was about a jailbird & today it's about this little crime stopper.

Yes Thanks for sharing this story. I for one found it very funny that this little bird kicked their butts wtg Jack. I am sure for him being in a pet store he will not be for sale. He is the guard bird of the place. I just love this story... I can just picture this lil Jack doing some kung fu jumps and biting their noses... I know thats crazy... WTG again Jack.

• Haha 1

I used to have a green cheeked named Jack and he definitely would've made one hell of a burglar alarm. He was one angry little bird. He eventually had to be rehomed and rehabilitated, he just hated my daughter with a passion and I had to think of his happiness and well-being. I still miss that little guy despite the numerous times he took a chunk out of me!

The owner of our bird shop told us this related story:

One of the managers has an African Grey named Leroy who lives in the front of the store near the register. One morning they came in to the store to find that someone had broken in the front door, but had taken nothing. This was puzzling why they would break in and take nothing. Then they remembered that at that time, Leroy was in the habit of saying, "I'm gonna whip your ass!" in a deep man's voice. Their best guess was that the intruder had broken in only to hear this threat coming out of the darkened store and fled!

• 4 weeks later...