NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

whats the best way

bigbull

Well I hate to say this, but where did she learn to swear, if you don't want her using swear words, then you will have to make sure she does not hear those words anymore.

Greys will talk when they are ready, you cannot force them to talk, just talk normally around her and when she is ready she will talk, repeating what you say, just be sure what you say is what you don't mind her repeating.

You are right, Celery, and it has more to do with the tone of voice that makes it more appealing to repeat those words. Of course, I didn't mean to imply that maybe they were teaching him to swear, but if a swear word is uttered in their presence they are likely to pick it up and use it.

Its the drama. When we swear we do it with excitement and loud. So stop doing that. lol

I have heard it is easier to change words then stop them. Like say truck instead of well you know. Or Duck. Or Much. And instead of .... sat sit or kit or mit or pit.

Anyway you get the idea.

Oh and never react when they say the bad words. You must ignore it. No laughing. Walk out of the room if you have to but be casual about it. Don't run.

Good Luck<br><br>Post edited by: Tari, at: 2007/08/18 16:25

Dan, I think the tone has a lot to do with what they pick up, and I notice Josey uses the same tone and way I say things to repeat them back to me, sounds just like me, scary really.

So if you do utter a cuss word don't make a big deal out of it, just walk away like Tari said and give no reaction to it and hope they don't pick up on it.B)