NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Anyone that can help, please do!!

danmcq

This story outrages me. I have had very bad experiences with spca's in various cities in rescuing Dobermans and the treatment they received while there. I have taken some to vets the next day due to serious illnesses the spca did not either notice or decided the dog was not "Worth" treating. The vet I use is sometimes so overcome with shock at some of these dogs serious illness that "Could" have begun treatment earlier, yet he had to put them to sleep due to the advanced stages of disease that was to far advanced to treat. I have wept over dogs I have had only 1 day, fell in love immediately and then heard the bad news. The only good in this I can see, is that dog experienced a 24 hour period of love and care before passing on....

Here is the story regarding parrots I am sending help for and hope some others may as well. If nothing else, flood the Houston SPCA and authorities in local government there with with your outrage to this senseless and obvious abuse by ignorant SPCA workers..... Thanks.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-14953-Houston-Pets-Examiner~y2010m8d6-Over-1000-birds-endangered-by-Houston-SPCA

Oh my goodness, I could hardly believe what I was reading! How can a society who is supposed to be the aid of animals cause so much distress, if they were mistreated beforehand then the SPCA are no better then the previous carers and this is supposed to be a protection agency? Shocking!

Guest jamalbirdbiz

when will people understands that parrots dont make good pets for most peopel. all grey luvers know that. even the spca peoples cant handle them.

Do not the exact same laws of improper care or abuse apply to everyone including those at the SPCA? I would file charges of abuse against them. Is it not worse when its the people who are suppose to be protecting these creatures. But I am sure just like the rest of of government agencies there are different sets of laws and rules for those and they protect them from actually having to be accountable for their actions.