NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My Baby Flew Away - Dying

Elvenking

well m8 my heart goes out to you, the same happened to me last week,& i felt exactly the same way you do now! i was mortified & i know exactly how you feel, call the local radio station they might put it out over the air, anyway hope you find him & please please keep us updated sad.gif

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thinking of you today.

I lost Pippa a year or so ago, when she flew out a door I'd left open. First thing I did was call all the local vets, scoured the neighbourhood and put out flyers. 7 hours later I had a call from my vets, someone had found a parrot behind their car. They were 3 streets away. I went to pick her up, asked 'would you like to go back to bed?' and she walked straight in her travel cage.

Really rooting for you here xx

Say a prayer to St. Anthony.... He has never left me down when I have asked for his help..... My heart is aching for your pain. Please know that we are all praying and sending positive and loving thoughts your way.... I wish I lived out there to help you find him.... Post on Craigs list and put your ph. number in the ad. Keep us updated on your search and know that it is not your fault. Things happen that we can't control, but don't lose faith!!! Is he banded? Do you know the numbers? This may help prove to someone who finds him that you are his true owner. Call radio stations and ask them to convey the message to their listening audience. I know that wxxi will try to help. Contact your animal shelter and any other pet rescue agencies. Keep us all posted !!!

Kevin

Kevin

Hi I'm new to the forum and have been hiding in the Amazon room, thought I would have a look around the other rooms and my heart is aching for you after reading this thread. A prayer has been sent from Spain for you and your baby, to both stay strong and to be reunited again.

Stephen, I've only just seen the bad news. I don't know what to say to make you feel better, I know how much you love little Issac :( I'm really shocked at the news.

I always followed your posts about Issac & felt as though we were going through the same stages of baby development together as Murphy & Issac are both virtually the same age.

Got a little tear filling up in my eye :(

Just think about my story of how my Amazon came back to me when he went off on a little adventure, there is always hope my friend!

Edited by reggieroo

Very tragic news to read. I suspect you are out there right now and and looking for Issac in that tree.

Your in my prayers and I hope Issac flies to you or the cage early on. I know there is nothing I can say at this moment to clam you, Ive been there 2 x and it's tough. All I can say, is NEVER give up.

Stephen I am so so sorry, I am truly gutted for you for I know how much you adore Issac. Please stay strong for him, he needs you to be strong and focused.

There is nothing I can do for you by way of searching so I am cross-posting on other forums, I hope this helps raise awareness.

Praying for Issac's safe return to you. xxx

I had him located in a tree this morning, sitting there as if nothing was wrong. None of my treats or calls would bring him down. I sat and waited and tried for a couple hours, then he finally tried to fly, but he was so high that I don't think he knew how to get down so vertically. He eventually flew and I tried to track him with my eyes as he flew circles over the neighborhood. But he flew out of sight, the last area I saw him, I tried to call for him, and no contact call back. Taking the whole day off work to track him...but I have to return to work tomorrow, so hope that I locate him again. If I do write again, it will be because I found him...otherwise, I am just going to be to sad to visit this forum. I already have everything around me to let me know of my loss and how I have let my baby down. I will need some time. Thank you all for your support and kind words.

I am really sorry for your loss. I hope he gets returned to you. I just moved out of the San Diego area, don't forget to contact local shelters and bird rescues, craigslist, pendletonyardsales (if you are in North County), miramaryardsales. Good luck.

I had him located in a tree this morning, sitting there as if nothing was wrong. None of my treats or calls would bring him down. I sat and waited and tried for a couple hours, then he finally tried to fly, but he was so high that I don't think he knew how to get down so vertically.

Elvenking

That's what I was afraid of. I send you earlier that URL on gyrodrop on what I think was the best way to get a bird high on the tree hoping that be of use to you. I am sorry you chose not to read it.

Flying down from high is very difficult for a bird. This is an aspect that had to be trained for.

I wish you success and eventual recovery.

Shanlung

Edited by shanlung

You my friend are one of the strongest willed people Maggie and I know, you will succeed, close you eyes and relax for a second, think of all the prays and good thoughts being directed towards you and you task, all these good people concentrating on a happy out come...Your one of the most responsible parrot owners we know....

Shanlung you made an important point about the difficulty of flying down:

The main point is that when our fids fly up a tree or up the rafter and we want to get them down, we stood directly below thinking that it is easier for them as we are nearer. <snip>But if we want to make it easier for them to get to us, it may be better to stay further away so the angle for them should not be greater than 45 degree to induce them to glide down to us instead.

How exasperating to have him in view and then watch as he flew off.

The comment of being at more of a 45 instead of directly under is a great one.

Your baby circled trying to figure out how to come down to you. But, then for whatever reason felt the need to fly and find another perching spot.

I pray you find him or he is found be someone and returned to you in short order.