NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Rita is beeping during the night

greymom

Hi All,

I haven't been here for some time now. Rita just started doing something new and strange. At night when she is covered she makes a quiet beeping sound like a telephone that is low on its battery. She does it on and off. The intervals between the beeps vary and she doesn't do it the whole night. Some beeps are lower, some a bit louder. Has anyone ever had this occur with their greys?

Hi All,

I haven't been here for some time now. Rita just started doing something new and strange. At night when she is covered she makes a quiet beeping sound like a telephone that is low on its battery. She does it on and off. The intervals between the beeps vary and she doesn't do it the whole night. Some beeps are lower, some a bit louder. Has anyone ever had this occur with their greys?

I have never experienced Rose doing that. After lights out, she never makes a sound. I'm not sure but maybe Rita is upset about something?

Forgive me. It is indeed not Rita. I have her in another room and the beeping continues. Just can't find the source but we will keep on searching.

Took me forever to figure out which smoke detector it was in my house that was beeping to alert me to a low battery.

Charlie does make beeping sounds on occasion like that.. the telephone recorder.. and we too have mistaken charlie when it was the battery in the carbon detector.... they are funny the way the pick up the sounds and confuse us...I have also went to answer the recorder and discovered it was charlie.

Oh man if it is a cricket then good luck finding it for I have had the misfortune to have one in my bedroom and when you get up to look for it goes silent then the minute you climb back into bed it goes off again. This used to be a more common occurance when my daughter was still home and she had a tarantula 16_3_141v.gif and fed it crickets and one would get out of the enclosure before the spider had a chance to eat it and of course it would find its way to my bedroom, if I am asleep when it starts its racket I am ok but if I wake up and hear it then I can't go back to sleep as long as it does its "singing" 4_2_200v.gif